Thread: SanDisk SANSA CLIP have dummy Playlists

SanDisk SANSA CLIP have dummy Playlists

I have purchased the Sansdisk Sansa Clip. i have tried to manage playlists and podcasts so that it can work properly. After countless hours of work I finally noticed that the playlist is not good and it does not have folder based browsing. For playlist it is not a big problem but for podcasts it is really a pain. The tags are not in order and due to this we cannot browse by album, artist or genre. You should be complex workarounds for all that. People who are not computer savvy may find it very difficult to make podcast.

Re: SanDisk SANSA CLIP have dummy Playlists

I know how to create playlists for podcasts, music and audiobooks
    • In the settings make your Sansa Clip to USB Mode and also make sure that it can Auto Detect.
    • Now connect it to the computer using the USB
    • Open the Clip Explorer by going into the player’s internal memory
    • Now for Podcast playlist, open the Podcast folder by File>New Folder> create and name. If you need to organize the padcasts into different categories, then create different folders inside that Folder.
    • Now copy the files in to the CLIP. Make sure that you are copying it to appropriate folders.

Using windows computer you can easily create playlists on any music player. Organize everything in your computer. Put all folders in a single folder and copy that folder to the Sansa CLIP. Clip's Podcasts and Audiobooks folders and their files need to be tagged. The device will use the folders and names for navigation.

I have created the playlist using the WinAMP and it is very easy:
    • First of all make sure that you have installed Winamp and connect your Clip.
    • Open "Local Media" > "Music" and copy tracks or entire album to your clip.
    • Then under "portables" Right click on Sansa Clip and choose "New Playlist...". Give a name and click OK
    • Now go through all tracks in your CLIP and put them in playlist. (Right and select "Send To Playlist)
    • Like this way you can create as many playlist in your Sansa CLIP.

I don’t use Winamp at all. I prefer MediaMonkey for a number of reasons. This MediaMonkey app will help you to create and sync playlists in MTP mode and it works very well. If I sync the playlists MSC mode, they won’t show up at all. Player's Playlists menu shows empty. Anyway I prefer MTP mode now.

I have heard that there is a good app called Playlist Creator for SanDisk Sansa Clip. This program will allow you to transfer music and automatically create playlists. First of all this program searches music on your device and then creates playlists depending on the structure of folder. The playlist name will be as same as the folder name. Everything here will be done automatically with a single click.