Thread: Dell Inspiron One VGA Input is not detected

Dell Inspiron One VGA Input is not detected

I have Dell Inspiron One laptop. There is no major problem but sometimes it just won’t recognize VGA Video input. When it lose connection, it simply shows 'No Video detected on VGA port'. I have called the Dell and they told me to replace the Board. The problem is I don’t have time to send it back and get it repaired. Is there any way else?

Re: Dell Inspiron One VGA Input is not detected

I just go to the VGA output on the laptop via VGA cable to the VGA input on your TV. It works flawlessly, except for one small problem. When I use the standard 1366x768 resolution adjusting represented almost right on the flat screen, the image seemingly only slightly to the left. I have a black stripe on the right, left, and he cuts off a bit. Otherwise, it looks fine.

I have a Dell Inspiron Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, 3 GB of RAM running Windows 7 SP1 and 15.4 "Dislplay. Graphics card is a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express.

The first thing to check if the failure is the complete Video Supply.The next step is problems with the resolution to connect an external monitor with a standard VGA connector, if a CRT or LCD . If the notebook won’t light up the external monitor, then it is very likely that either the mother or the internal video card (if it's part of the motherboard) has failed. If your video card is a discrete component and you can find a replacement for under $ 100, might be worth gambling for replacement, but it's almost never convenient to replace a main board.

Try to connect your laptop to another input of the video projector.

Try to ensure that the ports on your laptop are properly configured and that the resolution of the external screen is not larger than that supported by your graphics card...

There is little chance that the internal connection to the external video port has failed to coincide with the laptop's own video subsystem, but it's not all that likely. If the external monitor works fine, the breakdown is with the portable video subsystem, which is typically controlled completely within the screen / lid assembly. There is an excellent possibility that one of the bundles of cables (video signal or power) that exceed through the hinges for the video subsystem has failed

It happened to me also but with certain types of cables. I could not explain, but have always been a gray that I fail, while blacks work well. These seem to fall further and say well, so that they are safe. In any case, with space for the screws would be much safer. I think I've seen on the internet people who break the shell a little screw to vga cable.

You're right, it's bad to happen, but unfortunately we talk about technology advances, and in the case of portable technology have brought to its extreme then there are these flaws. But at least you had the chance to understand the problem of your laptop, more often if they are welded components or impossible to achieve you cannot even understand the problem and jumps directly to all without finding solutions.

Review the entries on the back or side of your TV. VGA inputs are not always obviously named. While some entries are labeled "VGA", others are called "RGB PC," Computer Input "" or another name. VGA input will be approximately 1 inch wide and three rows off-balance with five holes each. Consult the instruction manual supplied with your TV for a more detailed explanation of the ports on your computer if you do not know if you have a VGA input.

I see that on this subject there is everything and anything. Firstly it is impossible to move from an analog signal (TV-out, RGB, YUV, VGA, SCART) to a digital signal (DVI-D, HDMI) without using an expensive converter or nonexistent (HDMI is protected by a coded microchip and is a registered trademark that can display high definition when both ordinary TV cameras are equipped with HDMI or DVI with HDCP, HDCP chip is coded). The only way to display the computer on a TV is through the interface supported on BOTH devices. This means that both devices must be connected to analog-digital-analog OR digital.

Regarding the solution with a VGA cable and TV receiver I do not see the point especially since the image quality is limited by the receiver when the TV VGA fully supports the 1080p by 1920p (except for HD movies with protection) provided that allows the screen too!!