Thread: Can i use Macbook Pro For Music Production

Can i use Macbook Pro For Music Production

I want to buy a very good Macbook Pro for music production. My budget is around $1700. I don’t know which one has the ideal configurations. I have seen 2 models. 13" 2.8 Ghz MBP and the 15" 2.2 Ghz quad core MBP. I don’t which one to choose among them. I have to run Ableton, FL Studio, Reason and Massive Synth on the MAcbook pro. Size is not a problem for me.

Re: Can i use Macbook Pro For Music Production

Music production what matters is the Firewire, not USB. Virtually all professional audio interfaces are minimally Firewire. An iMac will go very well for that, or maybe a second hand MacPro.

I think it should be fine. I use a macbook 2.5 GHz with 4 GB or Ram and i run pretty big logic sessions with no lagging. Also, I would not get the extra ram from mac. You can get the 8 gig ram kit For That computer for less than 400 if you choose aftermarket and it’s easy to install. I’ve done it on 3 of my MacBooks

Apple is quality, much better than normal pc, when you learn to handle not want anything to do with the normal pc, better quality of sound, note that all the music professionals uses mac. Apple offers special software to work with music, quality software. That is why professionals work with Apple. Factor in that have great quality in every way, materials, design, reliability, operating system very simple and effective ... All that must be paid well.

Who wants to produce music with your computer, the Mac is an ideal partner. Apple has done a lot of detail work and prepares hardware and software as perfectly as to the possible use of computer music. GarageBand is good for first steps in computer-based music production and for smaller projects. With Logic Studio and Express are two professional tools available from Apple. How to find beginners and professionals the right tools.

My experience with Macbook pro is amazing as any Mac I have the 17 "with 4G of ram and that price is triggered, so I cannot be of much help. If you had to buy a Macbook Pro 17" inches for a little more get a Mac Pro that are authentic tanks, it is because I have one too. If you live long and cannot overload the computer a Macbook 15 "you'd better to spare. In general, Mac, it's all an experience, quite reliable, stable, fast and sometimes you can hang a program (to cheat) but does not crash the operating system.

The look and feel of Apple products, both hardware and software, such as on-site that supports the creative process and does not distract from it. Much work is simple and fast for the Mac tool - in the studio and on stage.

I used a Macbook 2.16 Ghz currently with 2 GB RAM, 120 GB hard drive, and several external hard drives on which I store the wave files of my productions, and the project folder. Other studio hardware that I use are:
    • A Audiotechnika AT 4040 condenser microphone for recording vocals, speakers, etc.
    • Native Instruments Kore 2.0
    • Mackie HR 824 studio monitors
    • Lexicon Omega audio interface
    • EC 101 Roland Keyboard
    • AKG K240 headphones
    • various cables (MIDI, XLR, TRS)

Here I use the following software:
    • Logic Studio 8
    • Native Instruments Komplete 4
    • WaveBurner

Personally I do not usually like Apple products, but we must say that the MacOS X operating system with some software behaves better than Windows (has the advantage of the stability of Unix but unfortunately due to licensing Apple cannot be installed on other cheaper products). But when you're used to working with a given operating system is not convenient almost never change.

In short macs relies entirely on software, if you had the chance to put MacOS on a normal PC (so powerful, because otherwise you could do but performance would massive)