Thread: How to add front facing camera to BlackBerry Bold 9900

How to add front facing camera to BlackBerry Bold 9900

Yesterday I have seen a YouTube video about installing a front facing camera to the Samsung phone. The phone didn’t previously come with Front camera. But there he opened the entire phone and drilled whole on the phones board and installed a tiny camera inside it and it working perfectly. The phone was Samsung vibrant. He replaced the led light with the camera. Is it possible do the same in Blackberry Bold 9900?

Re: How to add front facing camera to BlackBerry Bold 9900

Most of the Android phones currently available in the market place do have front facing cameras. I know that Blackberry lacking this and I don’t think that the BB software allows this even if you install one by customizing the phone. On the other hand the Android is Open source officially and you can easily modify the OS to fit into your needs. So it is not much hard to install front camera in Some Android phone only if you have sound technical knowledge.

Blackberry Bold 9900 is the thinnest and most powerful smartphone from RIM which has released recently. It is running OS 7 and it offers efficient communication. However the phone has skipped the dual camera. There is no way you can make video call using this device. I know that nowadays the Video calling is gradually becoming most preferred feature for all smartphones. Even with these impressive specs from RIM, it is really terrible thing that they skipped front facing camera.

I know that all BB users complaining about the same thing that even with so many features, one thing is missing and there is no way you can get it separately or upgrade it. I don’t know why RIM providing and keeping the same features in all phones. Basically they are providing the same software. I didn’t see any difference their phone yet. I hope that in future RIM will have answer for this. If they continue the same things, I hope one day they will vanish from the market.