Thread: Blackberry Bold 9900 squeaky trackpad.

Blackberry Bold 9900 squeaky trackpad.

I am using the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and I am not happy with it. The problem is bottom right corner of the trackpad is very squeaky. It is very annoying when I am browsing and tracking something. I don’t know whether I should replace the trackpad or get a new one. Is it a normal problem? How can I fix the trackpad?

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 squeaky trackpad.

I am also using the Blackberry 9900 and its trackpad really squeaks. When I pressed on it, it’s little buzzy. I don’t wanna tweak and play around in there. I will not try to fix it because it may ruin the warranty. I am thinking about the replacement but what If the issue is with all phones. AS it is a new phone, I will wait for some more days and see whether it will be going to resolve by itself or not.

If it is a new phone, then you will really going to notice slight squeak in trackpad. You don’t need to worry about it much. It will automatically disappear after several days of usage. If it is much annoying to you then you can have the unit replaced. But still I urge you wait some more days. Also don’t think about replacing or repairing the Trackpad. Once you open the phone, you will surely going to ruin your warranty and there is no guarantee that you will get the original Trackpad from the third party service centers.

I didn’t notice any kind of problem with my blackberry 9900 and all keys seem to be very good. However the trackpad menu key is not same as the return key. I mean it does not click sound as you can get from other keys. It feels slightly mushy. I know that it is not normal but it is not much annoying to me.

Thanks for the useful information from you guys and I think that this issue is very believable. It could be a slight manufacturer’s error which had malfunctioned the phone’s design and layout. The issue might be happening due to the incompatible phone case or panel enclosed around it. Otherwise the keypad attached inside the panel. Bring your phone to any BB service center (Authorized) and replace the entire Panel or simply the keys. It should be resolved now.

I think that the squeak is coming from the trackpad or due to the trackpad only. It might be squished against panel. The pad itself may not cause this. I have observed the same kind of issue with other phones also. Users those who custom panels surely going to experience the same issue. I hope that you are still using the original BB panel which came along with the phone. BB should think about it and should test their phones manually before launching in the market place.