Thread: Does Playbook has DLNA support

Does Playbook has DLNA support

I have seen an article that has mentioned that the DLNA will be available for Playbook somewhere back 8 month ago but I can’t see it where is its . is there anyone here who can tell me anything about this I would be really be appreciating this as I have search everywhere but not able to find any answer on this issue

Re: Does Playbook has DLNA support

I think Android apps are capable of do this and work on Playbook. What's a good Android DLNA app?

Like consider this Playbook can utilize ES File Manager to stream videos off SAMBA/CIFS network shares. Works okay.

Eventually, maybe. RIM is working on using the similar OS in automotive, set-top-boxes, plus future phones. DLNA is very much a known if they aim these devices to interoperate and share media. And consider this if the Playbook is thus far DLNA certified, it might be capable of to see the movies trough the server, and it will as well mirror video on to a DLNA TV. The Galaxy Tab able to do together of these.

I am really very much eagerly waiting for this . i can at present stream movies that i include on my system running server to equally my Blue Ray player as well as Samsung TV that are DLNA compliant. can use my PlayBook in the similar manner would be great.

I believe DLNA does not mirror your playbooks display , however streams the video and the audio file on the playbooks storage on Wi-Fi/Ethernet to the TV. Which I consider is not very valuable, since even 64GB are not going to be sufficient for a video library. even though if you take a few pictures or videos on the playbook, showing it to the friends and family on the TV look like fun, although still, if I'd take pictures I wish to show off, I'd not make use of the playbook. Streaming to the playbook from external storage over dlna sounds a great deal appealing to me.

There’s a network layer that is missing on the playbook to address DLNA . If you playbook is DLNA-Certified,you can enjoy your movie anytime you want over DLNA.All what you need is a perfect software to convert you video from different formats to the format which can be approved by DLNA.