Thread: Does BlackBerry playbook have fully functional ported Android OS?

Does BlackBerry playbook have fully functional ported Android OS?

Hi guys

I was just thinking is it is possible that this can be trough as I can’t see that is any kind of intention regarding the actual port of this device I am curious to know this because I am currently using the Samsung galaxy although very limited as to what you can do. Is there anyone here can tell me if it is possible I would be really glad to know this .

Thanks in advance

re: Does BlackBerry playbook have fully functional ported Android OS?

Research In Motion, , announced that its next tablet will support applications developed for Android. Call playbook , it will run under TabletOS however, the operating system from RIM house.This news should address the lack of applications for the release of large public-unit . This is even the main criticism leveled at the terminal of the Canadian manufacturer.

Specifically, PlayBook will be two "App Players": runtime environment for BlackBerry Java and one for those designed for Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) .The latter will run in a secure sandbox to prevent malicious code to affect the entire operating system of the device. However, Android applications will not work as is. But developers should be able to wear "quickly and easily" their creations to believe RIM. Applications should be repackages and their code signed before being submitted to the App World for approval.

Allow developers to quickly and easily bring applications to the App World Android is a big plus. When asked to smartphone users, for example how they feel about the BlackBerry: "It's good but not enough applications," in general we have that answer.

It should therefore not pose a problem for the playbook

This is really very hard as been so many different Android OS operating out there so I this that would be very difficult task to port it fully functional of the one .so the best the developers can do is get the most common feature out of all different android device

Unfortunately I think a term "Blackberry is dead", has really less of a turnaround. The two leaders that are Goolgle android Apple IOS and will share the market. Remains to be seen if windows phone 7 will try to find a place with the financial means and lobbying Microsoft? Well it's not bad; at least it was not like a virtual monopoly in the world of computers.

Do you know if blackberry will seek full certification cts? Or is it going to be only a partial compatibility layer. I did not find this information on the original site (if it exists).
    Thank you!

I think for now any tablet that does not bear an apple has very little chance of a growth, webOS that crashes, the playbook that has just lead away the androtabs which arrive a bit more but without making overshadow the iphone ...Brief is the market itself is just a bum deal that will eventually collapse like any fashion,

The idea is to regain market share of Android phone has already grapple, since Google's system took the hand a few weeks ago. However, compatibility with Android applications, you are guaranteed a good catalog provided, not more than 100 apps, but more than 200,000 . In addition, the press release explains that consumers will enjoy even more particularly to move from their smartphone to a tablet much more comfortable.