Thread: Does PDF reader improved in OS 2.0 for BlackBerry playbook

Does PDF reader improved in OS 2.0 for BlackBerry playbook

I was hoping with a 2.0 OS update an updated version of adobe might be hand our way. unfortunately, this doesn't look as if to be the case. Will the NDK make development of a improved more feature rich reader if a developer sees fit to do so? Is there any on here can help me on this I would be really appreciating knowing anything about this

Re: Does PDF reader improved in OS 2.0 for BlackBerry playbook

If you contain wifi or bridge access, uploading the pdf to Google Docs then viewing it from the Browser provide you some good features not currently accessible on the native PlayBook PDF viewer, such as

• The Sidebar Scrollable by miniature page view
    • Availability of Text search, intended to ocr rendered documents
    • The Two page side to side analysis
    • Making a multitouch zoom on one page zooms the entire document, which help on not re-zoom each page.

That is ok but there is one issue with the Google Docs which I encountered I wont allow me to view the document that is larger in size like in my case 25 MB and this is actually because the Google doc has the limit of 100 pages for viewing the PDF . You have to split the pdf in to the 100 pages for it to work fine

What you require to do is upgrade to OS 2.0 and after that side load the ReliGo Reader. This is the only method I have establish to acquire a decent PDF reader on the PlayBook.

It been a while I am using it and it works a really good. However I couldn't see the password protected magazine I read on the standard reader.

Well there might be the pdf solution in the OS2.0 release around the corner. perhaps there will be improved application s for a pdf reader. I utilize my playbook to read pdfs every the time, I have in no way bump into any issue , although I think it is a option. You can also use the Adobe acrobat professional to read pdf files on a computer then convert it into a different version of the pdf then put it back on the PlayBook and see if its work , might help.

I tried see if mine pdf file works with ebook reader app that I purchase for 99 cents and I was able to read it just fine. I had a folder of pdf's so only put it in my ebook folder. I understand we expect it to take place, out of the box, although didn't familiar with I had moved them there.

I can check it now but I will let you know the moment I get my playbook back. I left it with my brother for him to use. I as well ordered one more, so if that one gets here first, I will just download my purchased applications to it and let you know the name of the app that I am using it is basically has the icon with few books plus a cup of coffee.

Well as far as I am concern I think the Adobe Reader do not have much to offer like the other application has although I would like to mention that I don’t use this application that offend so I can be wrong

I would like to have the option of search on it, this is for the reason that I have few manuals which is pretty big and I am not able to find some content until I get it through search option and other thing that I would like to have is the bookmarks as well as the ability to annotate

Came across the application named Jotsy and it is very nice application in term with the PDF reader was having issue with the rendering few of my pdfs wich was in excel format . I am very certain it has require the font support but it could be easily fixed. i am unable know how to save my annotations. And it has the desktop application that help to put the files on the PlayBook