Thread: Newton Rings on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

sad Newton Rings on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

Hi all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 and I am experiencing some kind of the Newton Rings or the oil slick on the bottom of the screen. T His is really weird. The rings would be only appearing on some things. This is really disappointing guys as it really looks bad to see the screen with the rings. Does anyone has the same problem here? I want to know that will these rings will stay forever on my screen? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Newton Rings on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

I have seen that many of the users of the Tab 7.7 are experiencing the oil slick or the Newton rings issue on their screen. I have gone through various forums since the month of the December and I have found that there are number of the users that are having this problem. It would be really disappointing to work with such kind of the newton rings on the Screen as it irritates too much.

Exclamation Re: Newton Rings on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

The Newton ring or an oil slick is a kind of a blotch of a liquid and would be appearing on the any part of the screen in the Tablet 7.7. This would be looking more similar to this image.

Image showing Newton Ring on the Screen:

This newton ring is formed because of some kind of the heat that comes from the device and that is the main reason for the formation of the oil slick.

smile Re: Newton Rings on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

The Newton ring was on my Tab too but as the time passed it is not able to be seen on my screen now. Luckily I have solved this problem of the oil slick issue. I am now enjoying the Tab without the newton ring issue which was irritating me a lot during the work.

question Re: Newton Rings on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

I have the Tab 7.7 since three months and the issue of the newton ring is going on increasing. Previously it was like a small dot that’s the reason why I was thinking that it would diminish someday but this didn’t happen. The ring size went on increasing and it has been almost to the half the size of my screen. It is really disappointing. The image is of the newton ring which was earlier encountered on my Screen.

sad Re: Newton Rings on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

I thought that I would be the only one to face this rare problem but as this discussion is going on I am finding that there are number of the Samsung Tab Users who are having the Newton Ring Problem. I hope there might be some kind of the solution that would diminish this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhairyaa View Post
    I thought that I would be the only one to face this rare problem but as this discussion is going on I am finding that there are number of the Samsung Tab Users who are having the Newton Ring Problem. I hope there might be some kind of the solution that would diminish this problem.
    Since I am having the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 i am not facing this kind of the Newton Ring problem on the screen. But I have a little knowledge about this issue. When the screen has some kind of the pressure or even when there is some kind of the fluctuations of the temperature then the Newton Rings start to appear on the Screen. I have also seen many of my friends who are users of the Samsung saying that the newton ring issue goes as the time passes when the temperature of the device become normal. You can also use the air or a blow dryer to blow the air over the screen of the Tab to solve this problem. I may not be fully accurate about this but you can give it a try.

ThumbsUp Re: Newton Rings on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

I have spent all my pocket money and I have purchased the Galaxy Tab 7.7 with great expectations. The Tab was good in all the features but only the oil slick also known as the Newton Ring was appearing on my screen. When it really started irritating me by increasing in size then I thought to contact the customer service of the Samsung. They have told me that the temperature of the device was high and that’s the reason why the newton ring was appearing on the screen. They have solved the problem and I have not faced the oil slick problem till now. You can contact the Samsung Service Center and would tell this problem. I am sure that they will eliminate this problem as it is a problem of many users who are using the Tab 7.7

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I was wondering if any of you guys have this weird problem of samsung 7.7 tablet getting very warm/hot after mild usage. I am experiencing this problem with my samsung 7.7 P6800 model and the tablet gets very warm only on the side where the SIM and micro SD trays are located. Also, the screen gets a bit warm too after mild usage, so I was just wondering if this was normal.
    Just thought to get the word out to see if there is anybody out there who is experiencing a similar problem as I do.