Thread: Not able to get H+ signal on Blackberry 9900 unbranded

Not able to get H+ signal on Blackberry 9900 unbranded

I have recently bought an Blackberry 9900 unbranded and the problem that I am facing is that I am not able to get H+ signal when I am looking in to the network mode then there are no options for H+ it is just having 3G, 2G, 3G&2G and so, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: Not able to get H+ signal on Blackberry 9900 unbranded

I have recently bought an Blackberry 9900 unbranded and the problem that I am facing is that I am not able to get H+ signal when I am looking in to the network mode then there are no options for H+ it is just having 3G, 2G, 3G&2G and so, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??
    I have checked out for the same and I have found that only 9900 with rogers logo is having the H+ option, anyways I just wanted to know if your carrier is offering HSPA+ or not?? I am aware of the Telkomsel and it does but then I am not aware of the other carriers, so if your carrier is not offering HSPA+ then you won’t be able to get H+ option in the network mode, which basically means that you are not in a HSPA+ area. Hope that helps.

I think that you might be with tmobile?? And if it so then I will like to inform you that they are not having 'hspa+' with a rogers bold 9900 as well as the Blackberry 9900 unbranded and this is so because there are having different operating bands for their hspa+, I really don’t think that you will be able to get hspa+ with the tmobile in the near future as well.

Yes it depends in the service provider, I mean they should support HSPA+, just to explain you the same in detail I have been living in Telus Canada and there I was getting Calgary but when I moved to the other areas say out of the Calgary then I was not getting HSPA+ and I was switched to 3G. I will suggest you to better contact the carrier and see what they have to say about the same.

My carrier is offering H+ but then I don’t know why it is not showed up in my 9900, I also wanted to share some of my friends live in Indonesia as well as Singapore and they are having the same phone and the same provider as well from which one is having rogers and the others are having unbranded but then the one who is having rogers one is able to get the H+ on network selection mode, it seems that this issue is I only with the unbranded one’s.

I will like to inform you all that there are 2 type of unbranded 9900's, I mean that one id for the ATT/rogers/telus frequencies as well as for the tmobile frequencies. I am able to get H+ on the ATT one, I will suggest you to check out and make sure that you are having correct frequencies for your carrier, just check it out and see what you find.