Thread: BlackBerry Playbook os size is 18 gb

BlackBerry Playbook os size is 18 gb

I have been using BlackBerry Playbook and was running os2 beta but then now I have switched back to 1.0.8 and I have found that the os size is appearing to be 18 gb, even though I have made a security wipe and there is nothing in the Playbook than just the os, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out??

Re: BlackBerry Playbook os size is 18 gb

I have been using BlackBerry Playbook and was running os2 beta but then now I have switched back to 1.0.8 and I have found that the os size is appearing to be 18 gb, even though I have made a security wipe and there is nothing in the Playbook than just the os, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out??
    There is definitely something wrong, I mean that there is a 16GB model as well so I don’t think that any the original os will be having 18 gb, I will suggest you to better use a file explorer and check out if there is anything rather than the os, if you still don’t find anything than you will have to reinstall the os and check out if it is making any difference, just check it out and see which possible solution is helping you.

I think that you have been attacked by Trojans better run a full scan using a good antivirus tool and then see if it is finding out the culprit or not, I have checked out for the size of the os on some rooting forum and they have mentioned it to be just 200~Mb, I am not sure of it is actually 200~Mb but then I guess that it will not be more than 3 to 4 gb, anyways just try out the solution that has been mentioned above and see if it is helping or not.

Yes there is surely something wrong, I am having the 32Gb model and I am having the OS 2.0.0.6149, other than this I am having a no of apps and files as well but it appears to be this:
    Total storage : 29.6 Gb
    Free storage : 25.4 Gb

Where 3 gb might be reserved for the os but then it is still very less as compared to that in your case.