Thread: Getting error while backing up BlackBerry Playbook

Getting error while backing up BlackBerry Playbook

I have been using BlackBerry Playbook and I was not having any problem with it previously but then now I have upgraded it to OS 1.0.7.3312. and now when I am trying to create a backup after opening the BB Desktop Softwaren and then connecting the Playbook then I am getting an error message saying “ There was an error backing up” I had not faced this error by now so I don’t have idea about the same, is there anyone who has an idea about this??

Re: Getting error while backing up BlackBerry Playbook

I have been using BlackBerry Playbook and I was not having any problem with it previously but then now I have upgraded it to OS 1.0.7.3312. and now when I am trying to create a backup after opening the BB Desktop Software and then connecting the Playbook then I am getting an error message saying “ There was an error backing up” I had not faced this error by now so I don’t have idea about the same, is there anyone who has an idea about this??
    Before I suggest you something about this I just wanted to know that which operating system you are running on your BlackBerry Playbook and what exactly was the error message, can you take a screen shot of that error so I can have a better idea about the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same. Just post the screenshot here for further help.

I am running windows 7 in my system and below is the error that I am getting:

I have checked out for the same and I have found that there are a no of people facing the same and some has mentioned that this issue is because of the bad app and this arise when one is trying to create a full back up, there is no problem in creating a custom back up for all the folders except the app folder, so if you want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping you out or not.

You can try out the above solution very well but then I will suggest you to just make sure that you are wifi and Bluetooth and then going in to the process of the full backup, other than this you can also check out changing the name of the backup file and making sure that the name is short and is not having parentheses, commas and all, if you have not yet tried out the same then just try it out and see if it is making any difference or not.

I will answer you both
    First of all I have tried out the custom back and it is helping as well but then I am, looking forward to save applications as well.
    Other than this I have tried turning the wifi and Bluetooth but then they are not making any difference and I am still getting the same error message. I have also tried out changing the name of the backup file and had made sure that the name is short and there is no parentheses and commas but even it did not helped.
    Is there anything else that I can try out??? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.