Thread: Is it possible to play .APK files on BlackBerry Playbook

Is it possible to play .APK files on BlackBerry Playbook

I have recently bought a BlackBerry Playbook and I wanted to know if I can Install .APK onto my playbook and then convert the same to .BAR file, I also wanted to share that I have tried out to get a key for signing the converted .bar files but then it is asking for company name as it is reading the files as .Apk files, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out??

Re: Is it possible to play .APK files on BlackBerry Playbook

I have recently bought a BlackBerry Playbook and I wanted to know if I can Install .APK onto my playbook and then convert the same to .BAR file, I also wanted to share that I have tried out to get a key for signing the converted .bar files but then it is asking for company name as it is reading the files as .Apk files, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out??
    You won’t be able to play .APK files on BlackBerry Playbook as there is a need to sign it in to a .bar and so, so probably the answer is no.

Thanks for that but then I just wanted to know will there be any issues if I will be trying out random company name in order to get a key?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

There should not be any issues because I have don’t the same to get the key, just try it out and see if you are getting any success, I am really waiting for this feature to be added to the rim soon so we can run the apk files without any such issues. Lets see what happens.