Thread: Bluetooth tethering through BlackBerry PlayBook and apple iphone 3gs

Bluetooth tethering through BlackBerry PlayBook and apple iphone 3gs

I have been using iphone 3gs and I have recently bought BlackBerry PlayBook and I just wanted to know if anyone has tried out Bluetooth tethering using these devices, if yes then will like to try out the same, any help for this will be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Re: Bluetooth tethering through BlackBerry PlayBook and apple iphone 3gs

I have been using iphone 3gs and I have recently bought BlackBerry PlayBook and I just wanted to know if anyone has tried out Bluetooth tethering using these devices, if yes then will like to try out the same, any help for this will be appreciated, Thanks in advance.
    I have not yet tried out them with the above devices but then I have tried out the same with my Android phone, unfortunately it did not worked out for me, if you want then you can try to use Wifi Hotspot by your iphone in order to make a wireless access point, I have been doing the same with non-BB phone and it has been working great, if you want then you can try out the same.

I have tried doing the same as well but then it did not worked out for me and that’s is the reason I have been looking for Bluetooth tethering through BlackBerry PlayBook and apple iphone 3gs and I really want to try it out if it is possible.

It should have worked for you as well, anyways I just want to know the following to help you out:
    • Which wireless hotspot or Bluetooth tether you are using??
    • Is your state having a "tether" plan via hotspot??

Just answer the same for further help.

I am using Personal Hotspot, I have found that the playbook is able to detect the iphone blue-tooth signal but then the issue here is that the iphone says that the BlackBerry PlayBook is an unsupported device, other than this the service provider at my place allows me to tether FOC and I have tested out them using my laptop & Ipad.

I think that the personal hotspot option that you might be using will be trough wifi and not the Bluetooth, I will suggest you to better check out the personal hotspot wifi and see if it is detecting your iphone or not, just check it out and then let me know.

NO, I have checked out the hotspot option and it is indeed bluetooth signals and the wifi option that you are talking about is only applicable for IP4 & IP4S.I have tried using playbook and it is not having any issue in detecting my IP but then I don’t know why the iphone is not pairing up with the playbook, all it says is “device is unsupported and so” is there any option that I can try out??

You all can access the internet on the playbook in the following ways:
    • Wifi- using wifi
    • mobile hotspot- using wifi
    • Blackberry bridge- using bluetooth
    • internet tethering -using Bluetooth or h+ or 3g

I have checked the same out with the playbook but then I think that it is not applicable for iphone user, I think that there is some incompatibility issue with the iphone.

I agree to you for the above but then I wanted to share that there is an option in the Iphone 3GS for Personal Hotspot which when turned on has two options, where one is USB cable where as the other is Bluetooth but then on the Iphone 4 there is one extra option as well and it is WI-FI. I think that the Iphone 3GS users will have to jailbreak their phone and then install a an app naming MYWI from Cydia which will provide them with the ability to create a WI-FI connection to the Playbook, if anyone is interested in the same can definitely give it a try. I think that there should have been an option in the end user in the Settings menu but it’s not. I think that this is a big cut from Apple.