Thread: wifi keeps breaking after upgrading BlackBerry PlayBook to 1.0.8

wifi keeps breaking after upgrading BlackBerry PlayBook to 1.0.8

I have recently bought BlackBerry PlayBook and it was working well by now but then since I have upgraded to 1.0.8 the connection keeps breaking after certain interval, I am very sure that the issue is not with the router but then it is with the PlayBook itself and that too after the upgrade is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about solving it out??

Re: wifi keeps breaking after upgrading BlackBerry PlayBook to 1.0.8

I have recently bought BlackBerry PlayBook and it was working well by now but then since I have upgraded to 1.0.8 the connection keeps breaking after certain interval, I am very sure that the issue is not with the router but then it is with the PlayBook itself and that too after the upgrade is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about solving it out??
    If the wifi is dropping suddenly then I think that you should try to connect to another network and see if it is making any difference and just to make sure that there is nothing wrong from your network side, just try it out and then let me know what you are facing, other than this let me know the solutions that you have tried so far, so that I don’t suggest you the same as it will be just a waste of time.

In my case the Wifi signal stays there for the entire time and it also shows that I am well connected and having speed of 11Mbps, I am having a N/G mix as my home network and when I connect to it through the playbook using the wifi then it stays connected for 5 to 7 minutes and after that it drops and when I click on the refresh button then it again starts reloading but then drops in the middle of the process and in order to solve this I have to restart the playbook and that’s is the only solution that I have been trying so far, I was not having any issue before the update but then it all started after 1.0.7, there seems to be something wrong with the playbook and not the network.

I will suggest you to better download and install the Speedtest and then check out the connection speed and then let me know what you see, just test it out and then let me know the result for further help.

I have downloaded and installed the Speedtest and below is the result that I have found:
    • In the start it was showing download speed as 6mb/s
    • After 10 minutes it was showing 0mb/s and the speedtest failed.

I was not having any such issues with the 1.07 and it was quite stable as well, is there any other workaround that I can try out to get rid of this issue?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

Even I am facing the same problem after upgrading my playbook to 1.08. the issue in my case that it gets connected well but then after browsing for some time the connection drops and then I get a 'connection error' message, by now I have tried rebooting the playbook several times but then it is just not making any difference and the issue is still the same, I wanted to know the method of deleting the wifi profile, I mean I have been searching for a option to do so but then have not yet found a way to it, is there anyone who has an idea about the same??

I was having the same issue but then now I think that the problem has been solved, I mean that I have just edited the profile and have turned off "allow inter-access point handover." Option and since then the connections has not dropped yet, if you want then you all can try out the same and see if it is helping you as well or not.

I think that you might be lucky with the solution because I have tried out the same and it is just not making any difference and the issue is still the same, I am really regretting on my decision of upgrading it to 1.08 from 1.07. I am really not able to find out the cause of this issue and I am really running out of ideas now. I wish if there would have been a restore point like that of the widows to get rid of such surprising issues. I have found a no of people facing the same issue but then have not yet found a solution that appeared to be helpful, I really want to get it solved somehow. Please help!!