Thread: how to downgrade blackberry playbook from 1.08 to lower version?

how to downgrade blackberry playbook from 1.08 to lower version?

Hi, friends I have blackberry playbook and I seen lot of people downgrading their playbook from the beta 2.0 version to the latest version of the current operating system, so I want to know how to downgrade from one to more update? Is it necessary to save the restore point of operating system somewhere? So if anyone knows how to downgrade blackberry playbook from 1.08 to lower version then let me know because I am new to this site, also I have searched many forums but I haven’t got result.

Re: how to downgrade blackberry playbook from 1.08 to lower version?

Now I am using 1.08 version and even I wanted to downgrade my playbook but I don’t think that it is possible to downgrade blackberry playbooks operating system, because I have searched all over Google and checked all the forums but I don’t find any way to revert to 1.07.3312 from 1.08, so if anyone has steps or method to do this then please let me know.

Yes you can downgrade your playbook I have done downgrade in my blackberry playbook dozens of time, I have even built my own hybrids but not yet published. So you can roll back to six playbook update from any version of operating system.

Yes you can downgrade you operating system of your blackberry playbook from any version of operating system. It is very much easy to downgrade your operating system, here are the steps to do it.
    1. Turn off your blackberry playbook
    2. Then connect the blackberry to PC
    3. Open blackberry desktop software
    4. Turn on your blackberry playbook
    5. Now blackberry will tell you that it cannot connect to the blackberry desktop and you will need repair
    6. Now wait till operating system gets downloaded and installed.

Quote Originally Posted by dkbose View Post
    Yes you can downgrade you operating system of your blackberry playbook from any version of operating system. It is very much easy to downgrade your operating system, here are the steps to do it.
    1. Turn off your blackberry playbook
    2. Then connect the blackberry to PC
    3. Open blackberry desktop software
    4. Turn on your blackberry playbook
    5. Now blackberry will tell you that it cannot connect to the blackberry desktop and you will need repair
    6. Now wait till operating system gets downloaded and installed.
    They want to downgrade from 1.08.4985 to lower version 1.07.3312, they don’t want to go from operating system 1 to operating system 2, so this method is not at all useful.

Many people who have 1.08.4985 installed in the playbook had same problem so everyone want to downgrade back to 1.07.3312 which is more stable than 1.08.4985, many people claim that it is possible but i have done several research but I haven’t found any way to do that

Blackberry user can download operating system and then store it in PC and then install any stored operating system whether it is higher or lower version to blackberry with the help of loader.exe, but this is not possible with blackberry playbook. Because all the operating system is pushed through RIM service and RIM only push latest operating system. in case you install beta 0.2 operating system then you can downgrade to 0.1 OS ,but currently you can’t do downgrade your operating system.