Thread: Tips for BlackBerry Bold 9900 Battery

Tips for BlackBerry Bold 9900 Battery

I have bought the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and I want to start one single thread for the battery life, tips and common problems for the battery of 9900. I would like to request you all to post your suggestions/tips for the battery life.

Re: Tips for BlackBerry Bold 9900 Battery

You should not just keep on charging the phone whenever it is down by a small amount. Just let it to go as low as possible and then give it a full charge. Number of charges reduces the battery life so you should take care that you are charging this whenever needed.

Just close the applications you are not using. For some time we have on our mobile multitasking and while many of the applications are running in your phone at the same time for long time, it makes use of excessive consumption of battery. In my case I try to always have the lowest number of applications open, trying not to have more than four or five and if I am not using the device at the time, I close them all. This is one of the best ways to optimize the battery for long time.

You must disable services you do not use. If we talk about the 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth then they are all services that allow us to maximize the use of our phone, but become a real drag on the battery when not going to be using. So when you are not going to use it is best is to deactivate that.

If it is possible for you then you can put the email notification turned off. I am saying this because it consumes the most amount of battery and this is as it need to sync with the server all the times and gives you the notification whenever you get a new mail. If you seriously need this feature then there is no other option instead of keeping that active but if you can manage without notification then you must turn it off.

If you are not going to use your phone for a long time then it is recommended to remove the battery from the phone and keep the phone with battery removed. I always do the same. It will help to extend the battery performance.