Thread: How to change CSC for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7?

How to change CSC for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7?

I am having Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7. I have imported the device from Belgium but I have found that CSC was set to LUX. I managed to change CSC. You need to root the device and go for /system/csc/sales_code.dat through root explorer and edit the same. the customer.xml is having the information about carriers and providers. Samsung bookmarks are locked to Luxemburg.
    After changing CSC I am not able to update Kies. It is prompting that device is not supported with Kies. Can you tell me how can I fix the same???

Re: How to change CSC for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7?

Once you have root your device you will not be able to get OTA/Kies updates. There is no need of get into root if you wanted to change CSC in case you have managed to get correct version of the firmware for the device of yours.

In this particular situation you can do any of the below mentioned options.
    You have to wait till the firmware launched for your country.
    Or you should install P6800XXLA3 which is CSC is ATO. It is having Multilanguage and Kies updates.

People who has updated there rooted device through kies. After updating the tablet you will lose root and you will need to re root the tablet. You will get the updates and if you don’t change from the kernel which you are running on the device. You can also look for multi-csc roms. Well I am wondering that you will be able to change csc through phone system settings.

Well I wanted to tell you that I have installed Austrian ROM (P6800XXLA3) but CSC did not seems to change when I went into the stock recovery. It was trying to put TYG (Hong Kong) CSC back on the device. However it was not available on the CSC folder. Then I used a tool to make the thing working for me.
    You have to click here to get that tool.

by using this particular tool you will clear your tab and you have to set up and reinstall all the app on the device again. there will not be need of root while doing the same. if you were rooted the tablet then you have to re apply root. After doing this particular Kies recognizes the tab for the future updates.