Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 is showing wrong Hardware Specifications

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 is showing wrong Hardware Specifications

Hello friends, i have purchased the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 and was just going to through the setting of it and thought to check the hardware specification of it, then i have founded out that RAM size was showing me 766,3 MB where actually it should be 1 GB. I was very much shocked with that, so this what i am getting or does everyone else is getting. Most of people have not looked at it. So please tell what is the problem, is a bug in the firmware? Please tell me. Thank you.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 is showing wrong Hardware Specifications

I think that it is been a firmware problem as i have also founded the same problem in my HK Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 version, i think that might be solve with the update of the firmware.

There is nothing wrong with the hardware specification in it, it is been the normal thing. Let inform you that the Android manages RAM is some different manner. Such that the core applications and system gets some of the dedicated size of memory with the high-priority slice of that 1GB RAM. Which the size is been dedicated to those things then it mostly invisible to the user, which you are not able to get the full size of it.

It does not happen with the Android but it also happen with the other operating systems. If you wanted to get the perfect idea about it then i would suggest that you go to your computer and check what size you are getting over there. If you have installed 4 GB RAM on the system then it will show you 3.2 GB or might something near to it. So you can get the idea about it.

I know about it, but the point is that when i was using the HTC Flyer then i was able to see 1 GB RAM in the Hardware information, but in Galaxy Tab 7.7 it is showing me 766,3 MB and the other used memory of RAM is been hide by Samsung Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by TamaraAce View Post
    It does not happen with the Android but it also happen with the other operating systems. If you wanted to get the perfect idea about it then i would suggest that you go to your computer and check what size you are getting over there. If you have installed 4 GB RAM on the system then it will show you 3.2 GB or might something near to it. So you can get the idea about it.
    There is been difference between that, where you are using a 32-bit windows then you will be able to see the size, but you will be using that much amont of the RAM which it will allow, due to limitations of the 32-bit system, if a graphics card is been installed then you can use it more. In the 64-bit Windows you can use the full RAM, there is no limitation to it and also you will be able to run the programs faster. Whereas i believe that there might be no limitations for the tablet under 1 GB. It should be showing total size of it.