Thread: Will we get support for Stylus on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7?

Will we get support for Stylus on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7?

Will we get support for Stylus support on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7? I know that Samsung has not give Stylus for the tablet but it should have support for Stylus support. This particular tablet is making use of Atmel’ MXT768E. there are stylus available like maxStylus. But it is not available for selling in the market. Also you will need to use Android 4.x to make use of stylus. Let me know if you are having any speculation on the same. thanks a lot in advance.

re: Will we get support for Stylus on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7?

The thing which you have mentioned over here is quite interesting. We have to see whether the above mentioned feature is enabled on the tablet or not. If the same technology as that of Note is used in Galaxy Tab 7.7 then I am sure that Stylus would not work at all.

Well after leaning the point which you have mentioned over here I wanted to tell you that there is no active digitizer used rather capacitive screen has been implemented. Also capacitive stylus would work but not the active one.

People are saying that you should install Ice Cream Sandwich on your tablet since it having native stylus support. Honeycomb is not having support for Stylus. But I don’t agree with the all the people who are saying above mentioned things. Since I am sure about Tab 7.7 is not having digitizer so whether you have ICS or not without having the required hard ware capacitive stylus would not work at all.

s-pen is utilizing necessary technology to work on alleged hidden feature of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7. if we assume Honeycomb lacking the native support for active digitizer keeping s-pen from functioning on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7. I think all the users who are looking to use Stylus should wait for ICS and see whether they are able to use s-pen working or not.
    Personally I am not sure about whether it will work or not since it is totally different technology. So I am wondering that Stylus could work but SPen would not work.

The digitizer with S-Pen to get the location of pen-tip and amount of the pressure by developing an electromagnetic field. It simply blocks noise and magnetism through shield plate.

Well I am not having not much idea regarding electronic goods but I know that Stylus directly interact with capacitive screen and there is no need of having digitizer. Not only the capacitive stylus but sending out the singnal is also a stylus. I have seen xoom 2 stylus is active. In case xoom 2 is having the same chip then it might get the active stylus support after having Ice Cream Sandwich update.