Thread: apps automatically add to home screen of samsung galaxy tab 7.7?

apps automatically add to home screen of samsung galaxy tab 7.7?

I have samsung galaxy tablet 7.7 and in this tablet I have honeycomb operating system and really like this operating system and I honestly say that I will never prefer gingerbread again, this operating system seems refined, crisp and responsive. But I have noticed honeycomb automatically create apps shortcuts on the home screen after installing new application from market and I find this very much annoying. So I have deleted all the apps because I don’t want it on my screen. Is there any way honeycomb automatically adding newly installed apps to home screen? Is this done automatically by honeycomb?

re: apps automatically add to home screen of samsung galaxy tab 7.7?

Yep, even I have faced the same thing in my samsung galaxy tab 7.7, honeycomb atomically creates the shortcut of the application on the desktop, the removal of this shortcut is very easy, and you just have to drag the icon to the upper right corner.

re: apps automatically add to home screen of samsung galaxy tab 7.7?

Yes, you can remove the shortcut icon of application buy just dragging it to upper right corner but you have to do this every time you install application. But if you want to disable the feature instead for dragging shortcut every time, then open android market and click on menu button at the upper right corner and select setting, after that uncheck auto add widgets option. Now you can enjoy clutter free home screen.