Thread: can I install Mozilla Firefox in kobo vox?

can I install Mozilla Firefox in kobo vox?

I am going to purchase kobo vox tablet, the tablet is quiet impressive, it has 7 inch screen with 1024x600 pixel resolution that make text look clear and crisp so browsing internet on this tablet will be fun. I am a Mozilla user, I use Mozilla Firefox in my phone as well in my PC and I want to install Mozilla Firefox in this tablet, so I just want to ask that can I install Mozilla Firefox in this tablet?, is this a good tablet to play games and watch movies? And what do you think about this tablet?

Re: can I install Mozilla Firefox in kobo vox?

Kobo vox tablet is amazing tablet and very much similar to kindle fire tablet. Kobo consists 800 MHz single core processor and 510 RAM. Kobo has clean version of android 2.3 operating system so kobo have such good specs so it very much obvious that kobo can run Mozilla Firefox.

Now a day’s mobile that have 2.3 android operating system can run Mozilla Firefox and also you mentioned that you use Firefox in your mobile, then how it not possible to tablet having this good feature can’t run Firefox.

Kobo is very good and affordable android base tablet which cost around 199 dollars so the 7 inch screen tablet does not cost too much. Kobo has multi touch screen and seem decent enough with 1024x600 pixel resolutions, it has Android 2.3 operating system and offers 15000 free android applications. Kobo has 5x7.6x0.5 inches dimensions, it’s 7 inch screen AFFS+TFT active matrix touch screen display. Kobo has 8 GB on board storage and can be expandable to 32 GB.

Kobo is low cost eBook reader/tablet, this is brilliant eReader plus Pc tablet. But the battery life of this tablet is very low when it compare to other tablet and 7 hours video playback is not enough for an eReader, so I think this tablet is not much good because there are many better tablet available.

Kobo is good eReader and support nearly all the file format and it and Reading-centric interface tweaks to stock Android, has well designed reading interface. kobo has android operating system so you can download applications from android market and kobo stores which consist 2million titles and you can get access to getjar to download applications. It has 7 inches big screen with color AFFS+ TFT active matrix touch screen display, so browsing internet, playing games and watching movies in this tablet will be fun.

Along with the price some features of kobo vox E ink is similar to kindle fire, but in lacks video, music download and streaming options that distinguish in kindle fire. Also the battery life of kindle fire is better than kobo.

Quote Originally Posted by HamsiniI View Post
    Kobo is low cost eBook reader/tablet, this is brilliant eReader plus Pc tablet. But the battery life of this tablet is very low when it compare to other tablet and 7 hours video playback is not enough for an eReader, so I think this tablet is not much good because there are many better tablet available.
    Yep, even I think that that there are many better tablets available in market than kobo, kobo has 8000MHZ single processor where it’s all competitor like nook has dual core processor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaganvihari View Post
    Along with the price some features of kobo vox E ink is similar to kindle fire, but in lacks video, music download and streaming options that distinguish in kindle fire. Also the battery life of kindle fire is better than kobo.
    In kobo vox there is no YouTube, Netflix, Hulu plus, Pandora and any other similar service in kobo, where tablet like nook, kindle fire has this application. Though the kobo vox and kindle fire price is same but kindle fire is much better than kobo in all features and performance.

Kindle fire blows away kobo vox in terms of processor because kindle fire has dual core processor where kobo has 800 MHz processor, in kindle fire Amazon you can get audio book, videos, newspaper and magazines. The company also gives the finishing touch on its new comic book section, but in kobo vox company only books, magazine and newspaper. Though the Kindle Fire is a hot product for reading, the kobo vox display on the Kindle Touch is easier on the eyes.

If you like to visit library a lot means if you are getting this kobo specially to read books and you Like free books or Like to buy book from variety of sources, If You have huge library of eBook and you like keep library organized on micro SD card and load them into your eReader. Then you should get kobo vox touch because it is flexibility with file format and has good ability to borrow library books. Kobo has good touch screen, reading books in kobo feels more natural in whatever position you place your hands.
    If you don’t read books much or prefer only best authors, or you buy book but cannot do full payment and you do not worry about sideloading because you are buying all the books, then go with kindle fire because It's one stop shopping in a nice convenient box. Amazon Kindle fire has one of the largest market place for you to buy books. The screen of kindle fire is very much easy like kobo also it’s touch capability doesn’t lacks.