Thread: How can I enable the 850 & 1900 UTMS Frequency on Samsung galaxy w?

How can I enable the 850 & 1900 UTMS Frequency on Samsung galaxy w?

Hi, I have just bought the new Samsung galaxy w phone but it has the 900/2100 band which does not work here in my country. So that’s why I wanted to know if I can enable the 850/1900 band on my phone by any available means. I am also ready to root my phone or add customized ROM to my phone. Now I am using my phone on 2G. Please help me solve this problem as it is very expensive to use mobile with this band.

Re: How can I enable the 850 & 1900 UTMS Frequency on Samsung galaxy w?

You can use the Nitrality application which is available on the android market to control your network band and its frequencies. It also allows all the applications from your memory card to view the network state, but this application comes with some disadvantages also. Installing this application will also allow other applications to install new updates for installed applications. Your mobile can become pray to the malicious programs and can have effects on the permissions in your mobile. It can also give other applications path for modifying the system settings and it can cause the your system to crash.

Re: How can I enable the 850 & 1900 UTMS Frequency on Samsung galaxy w?

You can use the following way to adjust your bands.It was useful for adjusting bands on my galaxy s:
    1. Type this on your mobile screen : *#*#197328640#*#*
    2. This will automatically take you to the Samsung service mode. There you will see the following options listed.
      • DEBUG SCREEN
      • VERSION INFO
      • GSM RF NV
      • AUDIO
      • COMMON
    3. all of these options are very closed to each other so make sure you select the correct one.
    4. You will have to select them in following order:
      • Debug Screen
      • Phone Control
      • Network Control
      • Band Selection
    5. First you need to select the “band selection” option. You will see the following options after selecting the “band selection”.
      • Automatic
      • WCDMA Band []
      • GSM Band []
      • Combi Bands []
    6. “*” symbol displays which option is selected right now. If you set it to “automatic” band then phone itself will search for the best network around to work.
    7. Select the second option which is “WCDMA Band”. After selecting it you will see the following options on your screen:
      • WCDMA ALL []
      • WCDMA 2100(FDD I)
      • WCDMA 1900(FDD II)
      • WCDMA 900(FDD VIII)
      • WCDMA 850 (FDD V) []
    8. You can select the 850mhz or 1900mhz from here! Just select on the WCDMA 850 (FDD V) [] for now you will get the notification after enabling the option. For going back press the menu button and then select back option instead of selecting the back arrow.
    9. Now again go back to the “band selection” and chose the “combi bands”. After selecting this application you will see the following:
      • GSM 850
      • GSM 900
      • DCS 1800
      • PCS 1900
      • WCDMA 2100(FDD I)
      • WCDMA 1900(FDD II)
      • WCDMA 900(FDD VIII)
      • WCDMA 850 (FDD V)

10. Now enable the 850 FDD V option and go back, make sure all of your bands are enable from this screen. When you will complete enabling all of these bands, you will be ready to use the 850 spectrum. Once you are done with these changes then press the menu button and then select “end” option from there.