Thread: What is the reason for laptop is hot and battery dies?

What is the reason for laptop is hot and battery dies?

Hello friends, i am getting the problem with me laptop. Earlier i was used to get 8 hours of battery and now it hardly works for a hour. Even bottom of the battery is been very hot. I have used the cooling fan it will cool down, but that also not worked for me. I do not know what is the reason for it. Please help me. Thank you.

Re: What is the reason for laptop is hot and battery dies?

Actually the main batteries of the laptop usually work for the period of a year or so, then after that time it start to rapidly deteriorate. I have also observe it, that till two years battery was not been able to charged to full capacity, and also it keep on getting worse after that. Even it will start creating internal shorts when it become more older. If the battery is becoming hot beside it is becoming warm when you charge it half hour, or you were using the laptop for sometime with the AC adapter plugged in, then it is sign of internally shorted, which you should replace it. There is only one solution for it that is to replace the battery.

I also agree with the above user point, if you are going for a new one then it is not compulsory that you should purchase the official brand battery. You will be able to find plenty of same battery which are giving you one year warranty or even more, but it does not work. I would suggest that you should search on the internet for your laptop model and try to find compatible replacement batteries. If you are using the laptop of HP or Compaq then you will be able to get the battery which might be having more cells and also a higher capacity and life of it is twice which was of the original battery.

I think that the battery of your laptop is been drained by the cooling fan which you are using it. I wanted to know that the fan is making more noise when it was earlier (the time you have purchased it). I would suggest that you can try to blow out vent which is there on bottom with help of the canned air even the air from a compressor, there is no need to take anything beside that.

Where i believe that one year is short for a battery. I think that there might be something infection or suddenly with your many programs which is been running in the background which is also the reason that causes to decrease the battery life also the excess heat. Did you try to restart the computer in Safe mode? if you have not done then you better do it with the networking and run the malwarebytes. If you will find something then you better delete it and also update your antivirus software and do a scan. If you have found anything than you better clean it. Even you go to run and type msconfig, then you go to Start Tab and un-check everything beside the Microsoft programs and also the antivirus. When you are done with it then you click on apply and do a restart. Now you restart in normal mode.

I would only suggest that you better change the battery of the laptop and try to get some new battery of the brand which you are using, there might be leak in the battery which is giving the problem.

I think that there might be some damaged done to your laptop, it might happen when you have drop it or spill some type of liquid on it, i also think that you might be having internally shorted battery, it does not mind how older is your system, you better replace the battery.