Thread: VoIP or internet calling in Nokia C7 00

VoIP or internet calling in Nokia C7 00

hey everyone, I am planning to buy a new Nokia C7 00 on coming birthday, so I just wanted to know that what are the utilities and features of the phone, mainly I want to know that does it support VOIP if yes then what are the setting for it and how can I use it? I have very fond of using wi-fi and GPRS network in my cell phone. Anyone can help me here, I am very confused about it please reply me, the best solution is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Re: VoIP or internet calling in Nokia C7 00

Nokia has made A SIP VoIP 3.1 Settings application available for Symbian 3 Device. With the different version users can configure VoIP setting on Symbian 3 devices which supports many Nokia Phones and VoIP release 3.1. I thinks Nokia C7-00 supports Symbian 3 technology, it will work in it, if not then using VoIP 3.1 you will be able to configure within it. There is also another way which is most common, just to visit Nokia Website, this is the last and final way, here you will solve your problem.

Hey I am also having Nokia C7 mobile, I have installed Nokia 101.sys VoIP to my cell phone it is being installed successfully, but when I try to call from my mobile, the number which I m calling stays on progress status, and at that time I am not able to hear the ring, and suddenly I hear the voice of person who is on call. So according to you what should I do? Should I use VoIP 3.1 to my mobile, will I be able to install it successfully? I think I must try with VoIP 3.1 do you have the settings for it if you have then please give me. Any other way of solution will also work for me, anyone have any solution then please reply….thanks a lot

Hey, I have been check your requirements for Nokia C7 if you are having some issues Regarding VoIP in cell phone so I have some of the settings below just try with these setting hopefully your work will be done all the best… keep in mind that you are using the exact settings..

Try this setting or use the E52 settings its working on my cell.
    PROFILE NAME: voipdiscount
    SERVICE PROFILE: IETF
    DEFAULT DESTINATION: Internet (I use wifi)
    DEFAULT ACCESS POINT: none
    PUBLIC USER NAME: yourvoipdiscountusername@voipdiscount.com
    USE COMPRESSION: No
    USE SECURITY: No

PROXY SERVER SETTINGS:
    Server Address: sip.voipdiscount.com
    Realm: voipdiscount.com
    User name: yourvoipdiscountusername
    Password: yourvoipdiscountpassword
    Allow loose routing: Yes
    Transport type: UDP
    Port: 5060

willgluck Guest

There are now a lot of software that offers this technology such as Skype and yahoo messenger. However, there are service providers that will provide with the gadgets. You can still use a regular telephone but it now uses this technology.
    VoIP system

ChyrillStucker Guest

Yes you can use VoIP services in Nokia c700. VoIP services work well with the smart phones. As far as the settings are concerned then you can contact a VoIP service provider. One of them I know is The Real PBX. Features include voicemail, fax to mail, call forwarding, call routing, IVR, ACD and unified communication.