Thread: Should I get the Sony SLT-A55 or wait for the Sony SLT-A65?

question Should I get the Sony SLT-A55 or wait for the Sony SLT-A65?

Well I am trying to get this camera but I am not able to get it instead what I am being offered is the A55 one but I am stuck on A65. Since the megapixel count in this camera is quite high then the one is A55. The only reason that I am being given for the unavailability of A65 is that because of the floods in Thailand it is not being made available. So I am stuck in this confusion. So it would have been better if you all could have solved this confusion for me. That would be better.

So please reply on the same. I am waiting for the replies from you all.

Re: Should I get the Sony SLT-A55 or wait for the Sony SLT-A65?

Quote Originally Posted by Desi.B@yZ View Post
    Well I am trying to get this camera but I am not able to get it instead what I am being offered is the A55 one but I am stuck on A65. Since the megapixel count in this camera is quite high then the one is A55. The only reason that I am being given for the unavailability of A65 is that because of the floods in Thailand it is not being made available. So I am stuck in this confusion. So it would have been better if you all could have solved this confusion for me. That would be better.

So please reply on the same. I am waiting for the replies from you all.
    If it is not being made available and you can wait for long then do not waste time in going with the A55 it’s a very good model. I don’t understand where do you have issues in it. If we compare the products then let us see what are the benefits that you will get with the A55.
    1) You will gte it in much lower price then the A65.
    2) A better general image quality because of APS-C sensor. Built in it.
    3) There are all core functions of the A65 built in it.

So what’s the issue dude? Go ahead and get it. If it is available, don’t delay it further such that even A55 goes out of stock.

How can you classify a camera with the greater megapixel count. No certainly you cn do that at all because that’s not the way by which you classify it. Sensors, flashes and lenses do play a pivotal role in the clarity of the image and hence I would ask you to just look at all the three factors of the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis M View Post
    If it is not being made available and you can wait for long then do not waste time in going with the A55 it’s a very good model. I don’t understand where do you have issues in it. If we compare the products then let us see what are the benefits that you will get with the A55.
    1) You will gte it in much lower price then the A65.
    2) A better general image quality because of APS-C sensor. Built in it.
    3) There are all core functions of the A65 built in it.

So what’s the issue dude? Go ahead and get it. If it is available, don’t delay it further such that even A55 goes out of stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by CassandraD View Post
    How can you classify a camera with the greater megapixel count. No certainly you cn do that at all because that’s not the way by which you classify it. Sensors, flashes and lenses do play a pivotal role in the clarity of the image and hence I would ask you to just look at all the three factors of the camera.
    I don’t seem to agree with you all, if you look at the viewfinder on the SLT-A65 it as OLED that holds the capacity of delivering high 2.4 million pixels. So we can expect a better image quality then the A55. Guys do some research before answering.

There are no proper reviews in the internet as well for the A65 as well so that we can classify both of them, although after hearing from some of my friends about the quality of A65 I can say that A65 is better than A55. Since I have heard a lot of praises from them for A65.

The only competitor for the sony’s SLT-A65 is the Canon 60D. The canon is a bit heavier then the sony, both of them have a very good lcd and also a top notch view finder. Although sony tops with a faster continuous shooting and a sweep panorama mode which is not present in the canon’s model but definitely canon has a better image quality because of the higher ISO. So if you want an alternative for the sony’s SLT-A65 then you can go with the Canon 60D, that’s what my opinion is.