Thread: Cannot turn off 3G in iphone 4S

Cannot turn off 3G in iphone 4S

As I bought the iphone 4S recently. I would say that this phone has really a got good features and is the best phone in the current market. But I have got some issue regarding the 3G in the iphone 4S. what happens is that whenever I use the iphone 4S I am not able to turn off the 3G in the phone and it remains ON continuosly so what should I do turn off the 3G in the iphone 4S.

Re: Cannot turn off 3G in iphone 4S

See if you want to turn off the 3G in the iphone 4S then you could do it yourself by just going to the setting of your phone and switching it off. By doing this you could turn off the 3G in your phone .

First thing I want to ask you that why you want to turn of the 3G in your iphone 4S because turning off the 3G makes no sense. As you are going to use the 3G as it is required by you and it is not gonna use the data unless and until you try to use it. So my suggestion to you is that turning off the 3G is of no use and its not gonna effect you phone neither your data usage. So I would advice you that don’t go on for turning off the 3G service since enabling the service will make no such difference

If you want to turn off the 3G from your phone and don’t want to use it anymore then I would tell you that just go to your phone setting== >then go to the “General “==> “network” ==>go to the cellular Data and turn it “off”. Doing this will turn off your 3G service.

Yeah..even I was looking for the disabling the 3G service. As turning on the 3G, it searches for the network. Which I must say that in our country there are some areas where 3G is not enabled and which I think when searching the network it uses more battery and dut to this it gives very low battery life to my phone. So if turning off the 3G could save more battery life and when I am not using the 3G then why should I turn it ON. So turning off the 3G is wise thing to do.

I think you could turn off the 3G by just going to the iphone setting and if you still have the problem then you can visit the apple website and see if you could find solution on the website.

idea How to turn off 3G in iphone 4S

Hey guys, I am surprised how come there are so many people and developers who are on iphone 4S and were unable to turn off 3G till now….. I researched the whole freaking internet to find a solution but was of no help….!!

Finally I installed ‘SBSettings’ on my Jail broken IPhone (through Cydia) and got this separate notifications screen via the settings in the iphone itself. It gave me an option of disabling my 3G which I did and it is working with an ‘E’ i.e. Edge perfectly.

If you want to know more than post your replies on this forum or mail me on the id below and I WILL SEE THAT YOUR I PHONE IS NO MORE A BATTERY GUZZLER!

CHEERS

email: vineetdassani@gmail.com