Thread: Canon Powershot SX130IS shows "Change Batteries" notice on the screen

sad Canon Powershot SX130IS shows "Change Batteries" notice on the screen

I am having this camera since long time but since last week I am facing the problem of the battery with my Canon Powershot SX130IS. Everything was working fine but on last week as I brought the camera to take some clicks then there was a notice of “Change the battery of Camera” on the Screen. I always carry a extra battery so that I would be able to cope up when the one battery usage gets over. So I used the Powerex AA battery that is rechargeable and inserted it in the camera but I was shock to see that the notice was coming again. Could anyone tell me what is the problem? Anyone here with a same problem? Thanks in advance for the answers.

Re: Canon Powershot SX130IS shows "Change Batteries" notice on the screen

I think the rechargeable battery that you are using might have gone damaged or some problem would be there regarding to that battery. So try to purchase a new rechargeable battery from the store and check whether the new battery fixes the issue or not. I was having the same issue and when I replaced the old rechargeable battery then this issue was gone. I may not be 100% sure but you can try this.

question Re: Canon Powershot SX130IS shows "Change Batteries" notice on the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Chaaruchandra View Post
    I think the rechargeable battery that you are using might have gone damaged or some problem would be there regarding to that battery. So try to purchase a new rechargeable battery from the store and check whether the new battery fixes the issue or not. I was having the same issue and when I replaced the old rechargeable battery then this issue was gone. I may not be 100% sure but you can try this.
    I also thought that this might fix the issue. The previous battery that I was using was having 1.4 +volts and later on I have bought the rechargeable battery of the Energizer which was having 1.6 +V and I thought that since the Energizer batteries are well-known for the rechargeable batteries this could solve the issue but when I put that battery into the Camera then no results were found. The camera was still showing the notice on the screen.

Exclamation Re: Canon Powershot SX130IS shows "Change Batteries" notice on the screen

I think that you should give the Camera to the Service Center as you have tried with the replacing the batteries as well. There might be some kind of the serious problem in connection of the batteries internally in the system and that is the reason why the battery notice is appearing on the camera screen.

I am too using the Canon Powershot SX130IS Digital Camera and it has started showing the notice on the screen about the battery. It was not showing me previously and I was able to take the videos and the images without any problems. But this notice is some kind of the fear to me because I have tried with replacing the batteries also and even though the message is still there on the screen.

You can make a use of the slightly damp cloth or a damp Q Tip so that you could be able to clean the contacts or the place where the battery is connected. I make the use of the damp brush to clean the contacts of the batteries that has some of the dust and then I connect the batteries. You can try this because this method has solved my issues of the battery. Hope this helps.

ThumbsUp Re: Canon Powershot SX130IS shows "Change Batteries" notice on the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Kork View Post
    You can make a use of the slightly damp cloth or a damp Q Tip so that you could be able to clean the contacts or the place where the battery is connected. I make the use of the damp brush to clean the contacts of the batteries that has some of the dust and then I connect the batteries. You can try this because this method has solved my issues of the battery. Hope this helps.
    Yes, This is the good practice to clean the contacts of the battery with the help of the damp cloth or brush because the battery contacts has the dust particles which when not cleaned does not provide the connectivity to the battery and that is the reason of getting the notice of the battery on the screen. If you have followed this method and even your problem still persists than you just check the icon of the battery which is green in color when it is charged. If that icon is showing that the battery is charged then you should not worry with the notice on the screen that is showing the battery problem. Skip that and don’t bother about that notice and try clicking the images and taking the videos on your Powershot SX130IS.