Thread: Infrared port in Android Tablet

Infrared port in Android Tablet

Hello every one, I am searching android tablet with infrared port to control another electronic devices like TV, DVD player and any device which is get controlled by remote. I want to use tablet as a universal infrared remote controller. If any know about this type of tablet then please tell me, I want to buy that tablet and if you know the price of that tablet then tell me, I can check my budget.

Re: Infrared port in Android Tablet

Right now, you can’t found any tablet get inbuilt infrared port. The times get change, so Bluetooth get place of infrared. There may be any tablet with infrared port but I can’t see any tablet like that. Another wise you need to get any device that get connected with tablet and work like infrared. If you ok with my solution then just go to Google and search any device who support to tablet and work like infrared for provide you universal infrared remote control service.

Hey, why you are doing all this things, if you want to control the TV just buy Archos 70 Android Tablet. In this tablet you can use Google TV .You can see any channel at any time, you don’t need any kind of remote and the screen size is very big ,it may be near to 7 inch. You just need to activate the service of Google TV then you can enjoy the TV live on your tablet. This is very easier then searching for any tablet with infrared port and any devices who support to tablet and work like infrared port. I think you try the given solution.

If you want to control TV, DVD and any electronic device that get control by remote then you need to search for Irdroid application and purchase the Irdroid module. You can get irdroid application from android market. This application and module can support to Motorola, LG, Samsung, Sony, Philips, Panasonic and many more tablet. This module can work only on android platform and you have to install irdroid application in your tablet. If you not found this application then just search on internet and you get the way.

All of you are giving me good suggestion but I don’t want any device. I want only one android tablet which provides me infrared service and work like infrared remote control. But like all of you people because all of your suggestions are good and I think it work also. Irdroid module is also good because if I don’t found anything then it help me more and I also think in this time I can’t found this type tablet but by chance any tablet is like this are available in market but we don’t know about then. So I am trying and at last I can’t found anything then I go through with Irdroid.

Re: Touchsquid has Infrared port in Android Tablet

There is an android tablet with infrared blaster that is coming to the market on September 1. It is called Touchsquid.

If it is a good idea, someone is bound to think of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The only Android tablet that have IR transmitter is the new sony Tablet S. unfortunatly, most of the tablet companies aren't thinking ok installing IR on their products. Althought most of our home electronics have remote control system.

Re: Infrared port in Touchsquid Android Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Jahi View Post
    All of you are giving me good suggestion but I don’t want any device. I want only one android tablet which provides me infrared service and work like infrared remote control. But like all of you people because all of your suggestions are good and I think it work also. Irdroid module is also good because if I don’t found anything then it help me more and I also think in this time I can’t found this type tablet but by chance any tablet is like this are available in market but we don’t know about then. So I am trying and at last I can’t found anything then I go through with Irdroid.

Android tablets with infrared are already available in the market. There is Vizio, and also check out Touchsquid universal remote control infrared tablet. They have a built-in infrared blaster and a proprietary remote control app. You can checkout their website.

Touchsquid also has remote control apps in the Android market for generic Android tablets with no built-in IR blaster, then you will need an external IR blaster device.

Of course, a device that is standalone with an IR blaster will be much tidier and easy to manage.
    Last edited by Tina2010; 01-02-2012 at 12:24 AM. Reason: add more comments