Thread: How can I install the Operating system on HP Mini 5103 Netbook using the laptops disc drive?

How can I install the Operating system on HP Mini 5103 Netbook using the laptops disc drive?

hi guys I need help on this issue. I have the HP Mini 5103 Netbook and My operating system has crashed and is not working at all even in the safe mode an all . no w I have the disc of Operating system to reinstall however no disc drive to do it. Can it be possible to attach to another laptop and utilize the drive off that one to install, is there anyone here can tell me anything about this I would be really glad to know this thanks in advance

re: How can I install the Operating system on HP Mini 5103 Netbook using the laptops disc drive?

I have the same problem Just got this netbook which had Windows 7 starter edition but I need the XP Pro on it with an external USB CD drive however I am getting this error message saying no hard drive installed. I did everything even download the iaa.stor drivers trough the Intel and installed the with the help of using F6 trough the a USB drive however I just getting the similar error message that says no hard drive installed. Is there anyone here can help me on? I need this to get installed

re: How can I install the Operating system on HP Mini 5103 Netbook using the laptops disc drive?

May be few , although not every, netbooks have a recovery partition. I have no idea why it is , although what I suggest is try pressing F8 on boot then find the recovery option. If it not there then your best alternative is to see if you abel to borrow a USB external DVD drive and as far as the laptop's optical drive is concern sorry you can t use it to the extends that I know

The answer depends on what you meant by 'use'. You can surely make a network share with your DVD drive. But , it might just work as read-only . You might not able to utilize the most features, if it has any. as well I'm not certain as I'm not a expert, however depending on what version of operating system you're using it might have network share services removed as that's general a feature that's required in corporate environments

As far as I know For data transfers, network sharing will function very well however I wouldn't suggest to trying to DVD playback like that lacking media server software to do on the fly video compression. Also, application that require CD verification might not working on a network share setup like that.

Yeah I this it is right the Network sharing will not work fully but just read-only. This can be perfect for software installs and data transfers only however , not for OS installs or other application that require to run off of the media will ones that require to use verification method .although I suggest you to get a slim external drive for to utilize with a Netbook or other small device that does not have a out-and-out optical drive.

Yeah that's the only solution that I can find ,I know It based on the on time and budget. But the fact and the straightforward answer is the is to purchase/borrow an external cd/dvd drive.

There might be many technique to install windows id you don’t have the CD/DVD drive but the simplest way that I can make out is , by making the a operating system [7, vista or xp] bootable USB drive. That can do the install on the netbook which don’t have the optical driver. I hope this will help you