Thread: GPS gets locked while using with application in Samsung galaxy W

GPS gets locked while using with application in Samsung galaxy W

I have recently bought Samsung galaxy W and I like the phone very much, but the problem in this phone is that when I use applications like Papago and sygic it locks the GPS temporarily. I have even tried to use GPs status but it hardly ever gets lock and when I use Wi-Fi and data packet I get locks immediately in few seconds. But when I use only gps then I never can get a lock. I have tried to fix this problem by downloading many applications but I can’t fix this problem, so I anyone knows how I can fix this problem then please let me know. Thanks.

re: GPS gets locked while using with application in Samsung galaxy W

Hey, I have same problem in my Samsung galaxy W. I have turned the GPs option ON in my Samsung galaxy W but it takes forever to get a GPS fix, where in my Sony Ericsson satio when I turn the GPS option on it get fix in a minute, so I guess there might be some hardware issue or there must be problem in our Samsung galaxy W phone itself.

In Samsung web site specifies that Samsung galaxy W has GPS and AGPS support so there is not any issue with Samsung phone. Even I have Samsung galaxy W and mine GPS works fine mine GPS gets lock in a minute. The GPS depend on, how the weather is and where you live.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha View Post
    In Samsung web site specifies that Samsung galaxy W has GPS and AGPS support so there is not any issue with Samsung phone. Even I have Samsung galaxy W and mine GPS works fine mine GPS gets lock in a minute. The GPS depend on, how the weather is and where you live.
    Yep, it is true that GPS is depends on how the weather is and where you stay. Even I have the GPS problem, because I am from Philippines and I had the weather problem over here and when sky clears up it commonly it takes me less that 3 min to fix the GPS problem. So I guess you must check the weather or ask your network provider that whether they give GPS facility in your area.

I have tested my Samsung galaxy W with Sony Ericsson xperia mini pro by keeping it side by side and run GPS status, I saw that for my Samsung galaxy W it was impossible to have satellite fix, where Sony Ericsson mini pro had no problem to fix to the satellite, it got fix very fast it took only 20 seconds to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatien View Post
    I have tested my Samsung galaxy W with Sony Ericsson xperia mini pro by keeping it side by side and run GPS status, I saw that for my Samsung galaxy W it was impossible to have satellite fix, where Sony Ericsson mini pro had no problem to fix to the satellite, it got fix very fast it took only 20 seconds to fix.
    The Samsung product always have problem when it comes to GPS hardware. Find same difference in my Samsung galaxy W and my nokia C6, so I am going to replace my galaxy W with some other product.

I usually get GPS lock using Google maps but this only after I open maps in Sygic or some other application, this is possible because I have downloaded fasterfix application and I have point my time NTP to Malaysia’s server.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaganvihari View Post
    I usually get GPS lock using Google maps but this only after I open maps in Sygic or some other application, this is possible because I have downloaded fasterfix application and I have point my time NTP to Malaysia’s server.
    I have did the same thing I have tried open Google maps to unlock GPS and I open sygic that I have downloaded recently but nothing is happens. The GPS lock in Sygic is taking much time but still it fail to fix the GPS. I have downloaded fasterfix and changed the time NTP. First I changed the time NTP to Malaysia’s time as you done the same thing, but the GPS was not lock. Then I tried to change the NTP to china time but nothing happened. But I got successfully fix the GPS when is chose the Europe NTP. Thanks for your suggestion I have solve my GPS problem.