Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 31-01-2012

missing apk file after rooting samsung galaxy W

Recently bought a new galaxy W I8150 and rooted it. I didn’t have any issue with the phone but just for an experience purpose I rooted the phone but now what I can’t find some of the apk files. After rooting the phone when searched for the files none of them were visible but later on tried the root explorer application and then found most of them but still one of the file is missing i.e. Swype apk file.

Tried all the possible way but still I unable to find it. Completely helpless and desperately need your suggestion please help.
Old 31-01-2012

Re: missing apk file after rooting samsung galaxy W

Hey the exact thing happened with me too. Actually I lost all the files. What happened exactly was after when I installed the new Rom using the Odin app the phone automatically restarted and then I noticed got all the application from old Rom. I did all the back up using a Titanium Backup but now I again need to root the phone as I lost everything from my phone memory, its completely washed away
Old 31-01-2012

Re: missing apk file after rooting samsung galaxy W

As you found all your other apk file using root explorer, why don?t you download and install other application other than the existing app and try to find lost files. I think if you updated Swype it should stay there, I guess it?s in the system/app. Or maybe you try checking your flash folder called ?Downloads?, most probably it should be present over there.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,