Thread: Can we merge internal memory and SD Card memory in Samsung Galaxy W?

Can we merge internal memory and SD Card memory in Samsung Galaxy W?

I think what I am going to ask will sound quite funny to you all people if the thing is not at all possible. I just want to know whether it is possible to combine both the internal memory and the external SD card memory all together into a single memory, I mean in a single partition. If not then fine but if possible then please let me know the steps and procedure of doing it. The phone which I am using is Samsung Galaxy W, it’s a brand new smartphone which I bought last Friday and wanted to try out merging the internal and external memory.

Re: Can we merge internal memory and SD Card memory in Samsung Galaxy W?

Actually according to me I guess there are 3 different devices with varying space capacity. Most probably maybe it’s possible to mount them to different path. Initially I was using an application called directory bind before using Decade swap which was created by a member, it was actually automating he mount –o bind command. I still have no idea for what the internal memory should be used. Maybe it is used for the external applications or software which we download because I have seen in many mobile phones, whenever we download any application by default it directly gets stored in the internal memory.

Usually the galaxy W has 512MB of Ram but the fact is that at about 200mb of space is already been allotted to the android system applications and other things where as the rest 384Mb has been allotted for the us i.e. the user. In order to merger both the memories maybe it’s possible using EMMC method, but by using that method most probably we can swap SD card with external flashing. But I thing using SD card of about 2 GB as a swap space is far more enough for the android system to speed up the galaxy W.

Everyone knows that Samsung Galaxy W has 512 Ram and 4GB internal, it works just like an ordinary hard drive of a computer. But the galaxy W had made a partition of this 4gb memory and separated it with 1gb internal and 2gb SD card and the remaining memory was allotted to the ROM. Actually the Rom has been allotted just 700mb.

Now as mentioned above if we try to swap the memory, the 2gb SD card will be changed to external memory and the micro SD will be changed to SD card.

Initially when I was using the android version 2.2 (Froyo) in my phone, I use have an application called Link2SD, this was the best application available in my phone. It use to move the dalvik cache, lib and .apk files to external SD. But the problem is that I won’t work in 2.3 (gingerbread).

Just wanted to ask you all one question, whether it is possible to merge the 2gb SD card back to the internal memory or else we can make use of this memory space as a swap space for the android system?

Mostly I feel that it quite impossible but if you think theoretically then this have to be performed in recovery mode. You will have to modify the partition table as per our requirement but in order to utilize or make use of this new partition we need to have a new Rom. Just try and let me know the result if possible.