Thread: Samsung Galaxy W I8150 got bricked

Samsung Galaxy W I8150 got bricked

I am from Ireland and I have bricked my phone when I was trying to update the phone through kies I don’t know what corrupted it, I am anyone how able to get into download mode but then it says use recovery in kies in order to install the firmware, is there anyone having stock rom and I don’t have any problem in odin as well, is there anyone who can help me out with the same??

Re: Samsung Galaxy W I8150 got bricked

I am from Ireland and I have bricked my phone when I was trying to update the phone through kies I don’t know what corrupted it, I am anyone how able to get into download mode but then it says use recovery in kies in order to install the firmware, is there anyone having stock rom and I don’t have any problem in odin as well, is there anyone who can help me out with the same??
    In that case you will have to get a official EUR ROM and after that you can flash the same with odin, If you want then you can also check out on the sammobile site and see if you find a rom there, I think that this option will help you out.

I have checked out for the official EUR ROM but then I am not able to find it out, the ones that I have found is for Romanian and the Malaysian, other than this I have also checked out the sammobile site but then I have not found the same there as well, is there any other site from where I can get the rom?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I wanted to inform you that your phone is not yet bricked as you have mentioned you are able to enter the download mode, I mean that in the bricked the phone just gets unresponsive, no matter what you try, anyways i just wanted you share that there is a euro rom on the rapidshare, just check it out and see if it is helping or not, if you want then you can also get the latest XXLA2 ROM as well for a better sound with the incoming calls.

I am having the below phone and it is having 2.3.5 rom:
    • PDA : I8150JPKJ3
    • PHONE : I8150XXKJ1
    • CSC : I8150OJPKJ3

So I just wanted to know if I will be able to upgrade to the 2.3.6 using Odin or Kies as it is a unrooted device, any help for the same will be appreciated.

You can definitely do that but then I will suggest you to do the same using Odin and not the kies as there are a no of people who have ran in to issues with the kies. Best of luck.