Thread: Sandisk sansa clip zip M3U playlist support in the MSC mode

Sandisk sansa clip zip M3U playlist support in the MSC mode

I have recently bought Sandisk sansa clip zip and I am not having any such issue with the same but then I am willing to add playlist in this device but then I have not yet found a way to do so, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out with it?? It will be very helpful if anyone help me with the steps.

Re: Sandisk sansa clip zip M3U playlist support in the MSC mode

I have recently bought Sandisk sansa clip zip and I am not having any such issue with the same but then I am willing to add playlist in this device but then I have not yet found a way to do so, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out with it?? It will be very helpful if anyone help me with the steps.
    I have tried out the same but then I was able to add only one playlist, if you want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping you as well, this is what I had done:
    • I had an AutoPlaylist in foobar2000 which was named as "Top Rated", so I had just saved the same AutoPlaylist as M3U8 file.
    • After that I opened it in the Notepad and then changed the full path for eg "C:\User\Music" became "MUSIC\" and then just placed the "toprated.m3u8" in the root of the device drive and done.

Juts check it out and then let me know if it is helping.

Ok I will try out the same but then I just wanted to know that when you have managed to add one playlist then why not more, I just wanted to know if it is possible or not, what was the problem that you had faced??

I don’t know but then I was really not able to add more than one playlist, I had tried out the below solution but then it did not helped:
    • I had changed the name of the playlist file extension to .m3u and I had also changed the ext encoding to ANSI and tried the same with UTF8 as well and that too with and without the signature.
    • After that I had used Notepad in order to create a playlist and then placed the same in the playlist files in MUSIC folder as well as other folders as well.

If there is anyone who has an idea about the same then please help me out as well.

No luck for me as well, I have been trying to make a playlist using the Mp3Tag but then I don’t know that why the playlist having "#EXT" portions and even not having are refusing to come up. Other than this I have also tried out the MTP mode with Windows explorer and had success but then it was messing with the syncing method.

I think that Placing the .m3u playlists in the Playlists folder will not help and they should be in the Music folder along with the music files, other than this playlist file should also be loaded in the MSC mode and not in the MTP, anyways even I have been trying out the same but then have not got any success yet.

I am aware of the same and I am not mixing the two modes and I have also not yet tried copying M3U playlists over in MTP mode, as you said I have also tried moving the playlists in the MUSIC folder but then it did not helped.