Thread: need help in using Odin to upgrade from Samsung Galaxy W I8150 from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6

need help in using Odin to upgrade from Samsung Galaxy W I8150 from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6

Hi friends!! Can anyone tell me how to upgrade Samsung Galaxy W I8150 from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6 with Odin? Also give the process to download Odin and using it for upgraded 2.3.6. I am using Odin for the first time so I am newbie in it. Please help me to solve this issue as soon as possible. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: need help in using Odin to upgrade from Samsung Galaxy W I8150 from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6

Dear friend ODIN is not needed to update from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6. I will suggest you to update it through Samsung Kies or OverTheAir(OTA). If you want to do with the over the air(OTA) method than you have to register at Samsung through your phone.

Re: need help in using Odin to upgrade from Samsung Galaxy W I8150 from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6

Please can you tell me which method is the best to update from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6? I am updating the Kies now. I should use kies or should I wait for the mobile phone to get 2.3.6 and then root it?? I should boot my mobile before or after the updating is done. Please help guys. Thanks.

I would prefer OTA because it is safer than kies. Because several reports have been reported about Samsung Kies.This is the following process to update it through OTA:

• Create backup everything for everything such as applications, games, photos, files
    • Connect your phone to power socket for safety that the battery will not get drained
    • Activate WiFi on your Samsung Galaxy W and connect it with internet.
    • Go to Settings>>About Phone>>Software update. You should register by login. You should sigh up before.
    • The phone will gradually download and update
    • If you don't want to register you should use Samsung Kies. It may be even easier but a couple of issues have been reported.

You should do this process to update your Samsung Galaxy W I8150 from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6:

• Create backup for important folders, files and applications. You should store in other device.
    • Your phone should contain min 80% battery or has to be connected to the power socket.
    • Install Samsung Kies from the official website of Samsung
    • You should deactivate USB-Debugging:
    • Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB-Debugging
    • You should connect your Samsung Galaxy W with your PC and install the drivers
    • After that Open Kies and wait until Kies sync your phone, than Kies should show. After that click on your device, it will create a new firmware for your phone. Hit the update button and wait for some time. It will indeed take time.

Dude you should first do the update and after that root your device. Root access deletes your updates. Initially you have to update the latest firmware and after that root it through recovery.

Thanks a lot guys. I have noticed after upgrading through OTA now the mobile’s contrast is very well organized in this update and the icons shape have changed a bit as well. Really liked it guys. The OTA upgrade has proved a boon for me. I also easily registered with no issue.