Thread: unable to update kies on my Samsung Galaxy W (I8150)

unable to update kies on my Samsung Galaxy W (I8150)

I have recently purchased Samsung Galaxy W I8150. It is a very good mobile and it is packed with various features which will surely excite you. I have downloaded the latest version of kies software and I have done all the same instructions given to me but I have failed to install it. What should I do?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: unable to update kies on my Samsung Galaxy W (I8150)

I will suggest you to do troubleshoot your mobile from the menu in the kies. Charge it or some time and then switch off and on your device. See if it helps. I hope it will work for you.

I tried the error connection from the troubleshooting menu in the kies but nothing has helped me. After that I planned to unplug the mobile. But after doing it I found out that by mobile is not booting. I always try to switch it on and always it starts with a showcase of Samsung Galaxy W wonder I8150 but after that it stands still, nothing happens. What should I do??? It is really frustrating for me now.

I will suggest you to remove your mobile’s battery and then plug it back in after sometime. Try to get in the downloading mode. After plugging the battery eventually keep pressing Volume down button. After pressing it press home and power on button. Hope it works for you. Give me your feedback if it is worked for you.

I have done exactly as you said. I got a warning message showcasing “A custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed apps. If you want to download a custom OS, press the volume up key otherwise press cancel”. After that I pressed the volume up key and wait for something to happen. in between downloading started but took a long time to download so I cancelled the process of downloading. What should I do?? I am not able to proceed.

I think you should take the phone in to a downloading mode by doing the above process after that install a ROM with Odin. Next choose your local area. If this is not working then install a ROM in Android. I am not sure your mobile supports software upgrading via Kies.

I will suggest you to follow this process to solve your solution:

• Uninstall kies and reinstall it again. Try and install an software update that will bring it to the latest version
    • If it is not working still try to flash your mobile and again do the step 1
    • If it is still not working try to update it through FOTA (Firmware Over-the-Air)

I think you should go to the Samsung official store nearby you and place your Samsung Galaxy W (I8150) to them. They will take care of your mobile quite clearly. There are trained and skilled professionals in the store who will repair your mobile practically and properly. They will check exactly the issue behind not updating of the kies. If you will have warranty card they will repair your mobile for free. Kindly give me your feedback if it helps. Thanks.

I think you should call Samsung customer service centre to help you to fix this issue. They will give you the exact information about how to update kies on your mobile very properly that you will easily understand. Here is some customer service centre no- 800-888-8448, 888-483-2600. They will help you and solve your issue as soon as possible.