Thread: Need help on unlocking Motorola Droid 3 XT862 of Verizon with code

Need help on unlocking Motorola Droid 3 XT862 of Verizon with code

I was considering about buy one via Verizon through a family member in US and getting it officially unlocked, save for the VERIZON representative inform me that they wont unlock handset and that if I required it unlocked, I'd need to get in touch with Motorola. That sounded uncertain, so I go with one that was believed to be unlocked off EBay alternatively . I've heard that the handset is locked out of operating on GSM networks on USA, however what if I need to roam from Canada while I take a trip to the US. Will it work? Could I be improved off buying Pay-as-you-go service trough VERIZON in the US while I'm there? Will it exchange to CDMA and roam by VERIZON’s network?

Re: Need help on unlocking Motorola Droid 3 XT862 of Verizon with code

To the extent that I familiar with Verizon, its likely to modify unlock codes on these phones and this might be a real ache. handset will operational on GSM/HSPA on TELUS/Koodo MMS may be problem. Some stuff similar to call forwarding will not function . If you required to modify call forwarding settings, you will need to do that from other handset or else through the customer service Verizon stop the call forwarding if external their network

I think In the US you may be not be capable to make use of the handset on GSM. Neither be able to roam on CDMA except you turn on the handset with Verizon. I am uncertain you be able to activate this phone on TELUS/Koodo CDMA as they do not let foreign MEID (ESN) activations.so what I suggest you is if you tour to the US , bring other handset with you. You perhaps would have gone with Bell Motorola XT860 which is the similar handset, but with no the CDMA radio and every restrictions Verizon apply.

Hi, I'm from the out of us will get here my DROID3 trough Amazon paying complete retail price however it's lock so I am no able to make use of my carrier SIM card is there somebody here assist me to contact Verizon to acquire unlock code? I've tried to obtain it trough them on my own but the issue perhaps they didn't wish for to assist me at all they told I need to get an account on Verizon plus I have to take extra services so i will be capable to get unlock code.

You told that you paid complete retail value, do you at present contain an account with Verizon? or else are you trying to utilize the droid 3 with a another carrier? You might just be capable to make use of the droid 3 with Verizon that is how it is in the U.S. although you unlock the SIM card it would not work with another carriers. i have no suggestion how it works in you place though.

This is Frequently with a worldwide handset on VERIZON previous to they provide you an unlock code you need to have been a paying client for about three months i believe it is. You may need to see at sending your D3 return back to the place where you got it.

in addition having the code straight from Verizon, the just other alternative is to locate an online seller who vend the codes to unlock the handset. as the Droid 3 is so new, there might not be a lot of vendors who contain the codes yet. as well, with the Droid 2 worldwide plus the Droid Pro, most of the codes that seller have did not work, which made it hard for lots of people to unlock those handset away from Verizon. The Droid 3 can or cannot end up in a same situation.