Thread: Sygic navigation and maps not placed on the external SD card of Samsung Galaxy W

Sygic navigation and maps not placed on the external SD card of Samsung Galaxy W

I am using Samsung Galaxy W currently. I got an issue while installing Sygic navigation on my device. It is having downloader for maps and poi. The many issue is it should be placed on the SD card rather it is on the internal memory. Can you tell me any method to change the IO path?

Re: Sygic navigation and maps not placed on the external SD card of Samsung Galaxy W

You can perform below mentioned steps and I am hoping that it will be useful to you.
    • You should navigate to SD card of yours /nmt/sdcard/external_sd and create a new folder APPData.
    • If you have installed Sygic GPS then simply move to the Aura-folder to APPData.
    • If you have not installed Sygic GPS then create a new Aura folder in APPData on external sd-card. you will have Aura folder on
    • Code:
      /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/APPData/Aura
    • You should go for Samsung internal sd-Card in /mnt/sdcard and create a new emply folder named Aura.
    • You have to create a couple of script files.
    • Code:
      #!/system/bin/sh
    • mount --bind /nmt/sdcard/external_sd/APPData/Aura/ /mnt/sdcard/Aura/
  3. Save the file to /nmt/sdcard/external_sd/APPData and call the same with msd.sh
  4. The second file should be
  5. Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
  6. umount /mnt/sdcard/Aura/
  • You have to save the file into /nmt/sdcard/external_sd/APPData and call the same umsd.sh
  • Using msd.sh file you will be able to mount aura-folder to external sd-card. with using umsd.sh you will be able to unmount Aura folder.
  • Now you have to download script manager app from the android market. By using that particular app you will be able to run script /nmt/sdcard/external_sd/APPData/msd.sh as a root.
  • Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Re: Sygic navigation and maps not placed on the external SD card of Samsung Galaxy W

After going through the issue of yours I wanted to tell you that you should move to Aura folder in internal sd to external sd card and simply launch sygic. Sygic will simply get the moved folder into external sd. I tried the same and it worked for me.