Thread: how can I track my stolen nokia lumia 800?

how can I track my stolen nokia lumia 800?

Hi, friends I had bought my nokia lumia 800 last month and I payed my 5 months saving for because I like the phone very much. 3 days back my nokia lumia 800 phone got stolen and I am very much said. I tried to call on my phone but it is off, so I want to ask is there any way to locate it if it's off?, can I track the phone if anyone attempt to use it again?, and does nokia lumia have an electronic serial number or something that can be associate it with its owner?

Re: how can I track my stolen nokia lumia 800?

It’s very sad that your brand new phone got stolen but don’t worry you will get your phone by filing a complaint in the nearest police station where your phone was stolen. They will find the nearest location of your phone by tracking your IMEI number. And soon they will find your lost phone.

Even my nokia N8 was stolen, when I called my mobile network to block my network they gave me advice to complain about the lost phone to police and they will help in searching your device, when I went to police station they send me to court and told me to get a court order to permit the police to investigate. I did all that and file a complaint in police station, they told me that you will get your phone in a month or soon but it’s 3 month I have filed a complaint but I haven’t got my phone back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha View Post
    Even my nokia N8 was stolen, when I called my mobile network to block my network they gave me advice to complain about the lost phone to police and they will help in searching your device, when I went to police station they send me to court and told me to get a court order to permit the police to investigate. I did all that and file a complaint in police station, they told me that you will get your phone in a month or soon but it’s 3 month I have filed a complaint but I haven’t got my phone back.
    Same here I had lost Motorola Atrix (Droid), when I ask ATT they said that it is possible to see whether someone else have activated it, But I should file complaint in police and go to police. It seems that many police departments don’t care about the stolen phone and they don’t do anything about it.

You can check your phone online by GPS that means Global Positioning system, by GPS tracking service you can find the location of your stolen phone. If you have activated GPS service in your stolen phone you can track the location of your cell by visiting the website provided with your GPS service. Your phone will be tracked and you will get the location within hundred yards of where your phone is.

IMEI is nothing but international mobile equipment identity and this is only one of its kind identity of the mobile And this IMEI number is transmitted by the network on every time when the phone is used to identify the mobile handset. So using this IEMI number one can easily track down your mobile. When you file a lost mobile phone complain in police station they track your device using IMEI number and find out the location also the find which network sim you are using, so once the find out the location and detail about the sim he is using in your device the contact to the network company of that sim and get the detail information about the person using your stolen mobile and If everything goes the way it should then definitely you will get back your stolen handset!

How can I find my stolen mobile IMEI number, because it was written behind my phone and I haven’t noted it down. And which service provider will track the stolen phone? Will the service provider of stolen phone will track or the service provider of finders that is thief’s sim service provider will track the phone?

The IMEI number of phone is always written on the purchase bill of the mobile phone, and about the tracking your stolen phone the person whose mobile is stolen his service provider put’s the detail of the stolen handset in the common database that is shared by the all service provider and other service provider are supposed to co-operate in the tracing of stolen handset and if the other service provider finds any information about stolen phone location or any other information they provide this information to your service provider or direct to police.

You can also map your phone location by your own self, by login to windowsphone.com, you have to sign in using the same Windows Live ID you use on your phone. Using this website you can also lock your phone and show message, make ring on your phone, erase your phone and do many thing.

you can use Microsoft’s my phone, Microsoft’s my phone synchronization service can let you to find the location of your stolen phone but you cannot track him and find the location always you can only find the location of the mobile from where last time it synchronized your data over the air. This synchronization cost 4.99 dollars for three tries. I hope this will help you in finding your phone in some way.

star how can I track my stolen nokia lumia 800?

try mr tracker app , check to see if it is compatible first and your country network provider aswell. make sure you have you know your imie location. i know it works for the nokia n9 dont know about the lumia 800. there are a few apps out there but you have to pre install them. if u have not done so mr tracker would probarly be your best choice , its around 20 dollars from mrxsystem website and you recieve the app by sms i hope it helps you.