Thread: How to crop photos for contact images in Sony Xperia pro

How to crop photos for contact images in Sony Xperia pro

I have recently bought a Sony Xperia pro and I have not learnt all of the features I mean have learnt most of them but I am not able to find a way to crop the photos for contact images in Sony Xperia pro I have been looking for it but I am not able to find a option for it. Is there anyone who have an idea about the same. Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: How to crop photos for contact images in Sony Xperia pro

I was facing the same kind of problem and when I am trying to add photos to my contacts then I don’t know why it comes up with a crop screen even when I am not selecting any option to crop it and I have also experienced that for some photos the crop area is square and for some it is rectangular .I have experienced this while cropping the photos normally and it is adjustable but for adding it to the contact I am not able to adjust the crop area. Is there another way out for this? Any further help will be appreciated.

What you have to do is go to the phonebook first and then go in to the contact and there will be a edit option then select that option and then select the picture which you are willing to add in the respected contact and then just tap on the same picture and then crop the picture and here you will be able to adjust the crop area accordingly and then you can save the picture to the contact. Just try it out and let me know if you are able to do it or not. Best of luck.

Even I am trying to do it from yesterday and I have found the same solution on a forum where I have to go to the phonebook -> contact -> Edit -> tap on the picture -> Gallery -> Gallery -> select the picture -> crop -> save but it is actually not allowing me to crop it. Are there any possibilities that there might be some resolution issue or some kind of mode issue? Is anyone aware of such case?

I have found that this is some kind of resolution issue I have heard that if the image that you have is matching the resolution of the image that you have matches the specified resolution of your phone than you won’t be able to crop it I mean you probably won’t get a cropping box on the pic or the cropping box won’t be adjustable and I think that your case might be the same. I have also heard that this goes with all the phones and this is not any kind of problem so there’s no solution for it as well. If you want to check it then you can try to do the same in some other phone where the phone resolution and the image resolution are different and there you will be able to crop the photo. Hope that helps.

Exclamation Re: How to crop photos for contact images in Sony Xperia pro

Hey guys. I bought a Xperia Play, and suffer the same damn problem.
    I 've made some tests, and this is an observation: When you're editing a contact, in the CROP moment, the phone have some kind a FACE RECOGNITION. When there's a face in the front of photo, the crop area is
    a square. When there's NOT a face turned to front, the crop area is a rectangle.

I still cannot deactivate. Did someone?

Maybe in Android 4.0 ( 2012 first quarter) we have a "off" button to this.

Quote Originally Posted by marciosinval View Post
    Hey guys. I bought a Xperia Play, and suffer the same damn problem.
    I 've made some tests, and this is an observation: When you're editing a contact, in the CROP moment, the phone have some kind a FACE RECOGNITION. When there's a face in the front of photo, the crop area is
    a square. When there's NOT a face turned to front, the crop area is a rectangle.

I still cannot deactivate. Did someone?

Maybe in Android 4.0 ( 2012 first quarter) we have a "off" button to this.
    I dont know how to turn it off, but can you try to tap and hold any of the sides of the rectangle and drag it outward to increase the crop size. The phone will always crop to the shape of the background of the phone. The wallpaper size of the Sony Xperia Pro is 480w x 320h, it's 2 screens wide. Your 616 x 920 should fit just fine, just enlarge the crop area.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's