Thread: Power supply for Supertooth Disco

Power supply for Supertooth Disco

Hello,
    I need a replacement power supply for my Supertooth Disco, when I took it to Radio Shack, they needed more information such as the polarity and current draw, since I do not have my original supply and since those spec's aren't on the speaker I am asking for your help, if any of you own the supertooth disco would you please look at your wall charger for me and tell me the information that is written on it and post it for me so that I can get a replacement charger?
    Thanks

Re: Power supply for Supertooth Disco

You can get the one that has been mentioned here

Thanks!

I have found a power supply but the unit still wont charge, The red light comes on meaning it is getting power and in need of a charge but it will not turn on, even after 3 hours of charging. Any suggestions?

If the psu wont charge then try purchasing another adapter and determine if that functions. It just really needs to be the very same DC volts and AMPS. That's shown about the back of the adapter. AC Adaptors do wilt sometimes. If you have access with a similar personal computer, try your charger around the other personal computer, and the other computer’s adaptor with yours.

you were correct, after receiving the correct power supply it powers up and charges..........however......now it sounds like a speaker is rattling or is blown...not a pleasant sound......anyone else have this problem, could suggest a remedy?

If the speaker is rattling because it's blown, you can't really hurt the speaker any more. What you can do though is damage the radios outputs, so my advice is to turn the radio completely off until you can get the speaker replaced. If it's more of a "pop" sound, check your bass settings. People often get that confuse with a rattle. If the bass is turned up quite a bit, back off of it.

Pretty sure its the speaker and not the sub rattling........do they sell replacements.....hmmm wonder how long the warrante is. Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by 1Nivlem View Post
    Pretty sure its the speaker and not the sub rattling........do they sell replacements.....hmmm wonder how long the warrante is. Thanks for your help
    Well, if it is under warranty then they will definately replace it without any cost since no physical damage is done i guess. If it is not in warranty then consider spending few bucks to get it repaired.