Thread: Which Battery to use for Canon powershot A720

Which Battery to use for Canon powershot A720

I am using the Canon powershot A720 digital camera from last three years the camera having 8mp, 2.5” LCD and 6x optical zoom. I am using Duracell non rechargeable batteries in the camera and with that I could click 40-50 shots without flash and with flash not more than 15 shots. Video also taking the battery drain especially when I use optical zoom.
    And from last few days low battery message pops up so I have try with wiping out and re-inserting but nothing has changed and now the camera cannot even take the simple AA size and few others battery. I don’t know what happen to the camera why it cannot taking any battery. If anyone knows which battery to use for this camera then please help me.

Re: Which Battery to use for Canon powershot A720

I am using the same camera from last two years and just love the camera because of its great quality but facing the similar issue with the battery the camera cannot able to take the simple AA size battery so I have try with the new battery then also the camera shows black screen with low battery indicator. I have went to Canon service center and they have said that camera is absolutely fine but now it cannot run in all batteries and they have advised me to use to use Sony ,Sanyo or some good brand rechargeable batteries.
    Now I am really confused which battery to use and I want to know that it is really worth what service people have told me or something else? Will it be safe for the camera or anything else I can do? If anyone having any ideas then please recommend me.

I had used the Canon A720 IS camera for 2 years and I had used Sanyo Eneloop AA’s size rechargeable batteries during the entire time I have owned it. With the Sanyo Eneloop batteries I am consistently able to take about 200-300 shots on one charge and in fewer shots I also used flash so i wuold like to recommend you to use this batteries. If you are going to use the Sanyo Eneloops then make sure to also use an Eneloop charger otherwise you will not get that much power.

I think you should try to full charge your old Energizer battery and still not getting good result then you should replace it with some good brand batteries like Sanyo and Sony rechargeable batteries as the camera you are using is best suited with this good brands batteries only.

I am using the Sanyo Eneloop 2000mah rechargeable battery in my camera and I am able to get the 200 shots with flash and with also with zooming in and out. Sanyo Eneloop also makes XX batteries with 2500mah version , but the disadvantage of 2500mah is that they only recharge 500 times as compared to 1500 times for the 2000mah version

I have Canon powershot 710 digital camera andI would like to recommend you to use the Sanyo Eneloop XX batteries with 2500mah as I am using it in my camera because I think your problem is only the battery you are using. I agreed that with 2500mah battery you will be able to charge 500 times which is very low as compare to 2000mah but don’t forget that with 2500mah you will get last ;onger performance in one charge as compare to the 2000mah battery. You just try this once and you will definitely solve your battery issue.