Thread: Fuji S200EXR photos seems to be too dull

Fuji S200EXR photos seems to be too dull

I am trying to learn all the available features of my new Fuji S200EXR digital camera. I must say that it has a huge amount of facilities and features available, I am very much impressed.

But I have a doubt. I think the photos which I click are either too dull or too clear, because whenever I check those pictures which I click from the camera and the real view, I can find that there is a huge difference between them. I once tried to manage the white balance but I found that it’s not possible, neither in Auto nor in EXP. Please friends suggest me to make the possible changes in the settings and get the original images clicked properly. I am sure that there is no such problem with the camera.

Re: Fuji S200EXR photos seems to be too dull

Let me tell you one thing that you are going right with the review you placed about your camera. Even I think that your camera is facing no issues neither it has anything to do with the settings.

I would better to suggest you to change the film simulation you use. You must be better aware about the fact that in order to get the same exact clear original picture of any original view, you must have a better film accessed in your camera. I would better suggest you to choose Velvia.

It won’t work completely my dear. One of my friends suggested me the same when narrated him the same issue I faced. Initially I had Provia film installed in my Fuji S200EXP but then after a recommendation I switched to Velvia hoping that now I will get a clear and real photos. But things didn’t change completely rather it changed a bit. Actually the idea was not exactly possible in EXP but yes it was slightly possible in Auto mode which gave a small improvement to certain extends.

Even I encountered somewhat the similar kind of issue. Actually I am not sure but after I click any image I am always dissatisfied with the quality. Feels like somewhere something is missing in the color combination. Let me specify the things:
    • Color – too light compare to the real view
    • Sharpness – very much fine
    • Contrast – almost correct

In short I can say that except for the sharpness both the color and the contrast of the image fluctuate a lot especially the color. In general things won’t look exactly what it looks originally, for example; light blue color looks almost pale white.

Today in the morning I tried to click an image of a leave which was in a motion in the air. I guess the color of the leave was dark burn and I also noticed the heavy sunlight falling on it. but when I clicked the a picture of that leave with my Fuji S200, the clicked image was too light or we can say almost dark white.

If didn’t get clearly here's another example. We are a aware that the sky color is neither complete white nor complete blue in fact is a kind of light blue color. But when you see it in the image clicked by the Fuji s200 camera its looks almost white as if we have clicked a picture of just a cloud with no sky visible in it. It’s just a quality problem and nothing else. If doubts then try changing all the settings especially try to do some R&D with the color combination settings.

As far as I am concerned I know that S200EXP has an option to control the exposure compensation which I think is suppose to be set at 0 which possibly controls the exposure of the view balanced. In your case I think the same control option is set at more than 0, which is most probably making the images overexposed.
    I have already done with it in my camera during the time I faced such problem, sp better try to set the same thing in your camera too.

I would better suggest you to reset your camera, if things won’t work out after setting the exposure. You should easily get the menu item; this menu item will possibly allow you to reset all your settings to the default system settings.

But if the problem still retained in your camera they my dear I think you have some serious with the camera for which you need to contact the care center. As it is the S200EXP normally creates a very high quality and colorful images.