Thread: How to change the number to private number in BlackBerry 8520?

How to change the number to private number in BlackBerry 8520?

I hope you all did read the title properly. I was gifted a blackberry 8520 by my uncle and I want to change my number as a private number. So I want to know how will I be able to do that, can you all please tell me. I don’t want my number to be displayed to everyone. So that’s why I want to keep it as private, so any ideas how to do that, if you all have any replies then please suggest me something. I am waiting for the response from you all.

Re: How to change the number to private number in BlackBerry 8520?

Quote Originally Posted by M@ndy View Post
    I hope you all did read the title properly. I was gifted a blackberry 8520 by my uncle and I want to change my number as a private number. So I want to know how will I be able to do that, can you all please tell me. I don’t want my number to be displayed to everyone. So that’s why I want to keep it as private, so any ideas how to do that, if you all have any replies then please suggest me something. I am waiting for the response from you all.
    Here are the steps that you have to perform and I am sure that it will work out for you.
    1) Go to the home screen, press the send key.
    2) Now in the menu key go to the options. Now go to the general options and you will have to perform this operation.
    3) change the Restrict My Identity field to Always.
    4) Now press the menu key to go back and save it. That’s it.

Down Re: How to change the number to private number in BlackBerry 8520?

Quote Originally Posted by RidD View Post
    Here are the steps that you have to perform and I am sure that it will work out for you.
    1) Go to the home screen, press the send key.
    2) Now in the menu key go to the options. Now go to the general options and you will have to perform this operation.
    3) change the Restrict My Identity field to Always.
    4) Now press the menu key to go back and save it. That’s it.
    I did try that setting and all I am getting when I am calling the different person is identity restriction not subscribed. Now I don’t understand why is this coming up, what could have been the issue over here. can you all please tell me. A small help from your side would be of great help for me.

Re: How to change the number to private number in BlackBerry 8520?

It seems you should have a chat with the carrier people or the service provider and ask them to activate the identity restriction. So that’s when it will all begin. May be service providers are not allowing you because it is not being subscribed. So do ask them to activate it for you. That’s what you should do. I hope you did understand what I am saying here.