Thread: Best lens and gear for canon t2i

Best lens and gear for canon t2i

I gifted a new Canon t2i digital camera to my brother on his birthday yesterday. Researched a lot and then I decided to go for this model. I found it the best one and also quite impressive with respect to its camera lens, but now I and my dad are planning to get him some higher quality lenses, gear and other external accessories with your recommendation.

Dad already bought him a camera bag. So no need to have any suggestion regarding the bag but yes any other recommendation is highly appreciated.

Re: Best lens and gear for canon t2i

If you have any plans to buy a SD card then I think you will go for a SD card for 1080p video shooting.

Highly recommended cards will be:
    • SanDisk Extreme HD Video 16 GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card

Most of the people ignore it but I would insist you to also buy a back up battery if you people truly takes photo shooting as a passion. For a good

Backup Battery:

• Opteka LP-E8 2000mAh Ultra High Capacity Li-ion Battery Pack

Dude I guess first and the for most thing you need to get is a tripod for you camera. I thing if the person who is going to use the camera is a profession then definitely tripod is the first think comes in his mind. And I am sure getting a tripod must have came in your must buy list.
    For your canon t2i camera I thing Dolica AX620B100 62-Inch Proline Tripod and Ball Head is the better option. It’s the best one and also comes for cheaper rate. You can order it from amazon and also get to know the detailed information regarding. Some of the best and well features which make it the unique models are:

• Quick release plate
    • Good angle locking knob
    • Center cover locking knob
    • It also includes tripod carry case

It’s stylish and also made with considering all the professional features.

Hey friend I would like to know some more information regarding Dolica AX620B100 Proline Tripod and Ball Head. I am quite impressed with the brief description you gave regarding this tripod. But in order to get myself fully convinced, I need to know some more detailed description of this product. No exactly all the details but I would really appreciate if I can get to know the technical aspects of this tripod. I personally feel that technical features of any product are more important than the normal basic features.

As I told you that you can get all the detailed information of this model from amazon website if you are really interested to know are to buy it.
    Even then just for your clearance and convenience I have already collected and gathered some of the important and required technical details over here:

• Maximum height column↑: 60 inches
    • Maximum height column↓: 51
    • Minimum height column↑ : 32.5 inches
    • Minimum height column↓ : 21.5 inches
    • Closed height: 22.5 inches
    • Net weight: 2.5 lbs
    • Max weight: 13.2 lbs
    • Leg sections: 4
    • Material: Lightweight aluminum alloy
    • Color: Black

I think the most important thing you need is lenses. I can get you options of three appropriate lenses; Portrait lens, vacation shooter lens, Macro Lens.

Specifying the things
    • Portrait Lens - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens
    • Zoom / walk around/vacation shooter lens - Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS UD Standard Zoom Lens
    • Macro Lens - Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Digital SLR Lens for EOS

If you are done with the lens thing just let me know, I would also suggest you to get a good screen protector which again I feel are one of the most important accessories which people ignore.

I guess the above listed lenses are undoubtedly good enough for you to decide the best one. I think according to my knowledge 18-55mm is an appropriate option during the starting stage. In my case I personally picked 18-135mm just because I think it’s not so different and nearly almost the same as 18-55mm in fact with an added zooming quality.

I would like to also share that for portrait 50mm f/1.8 is awesome.

Hey even I found the above listed options for lenses very much convincing but I would like to mention that for walk around zoom you can also add Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM in the list. It makes no difference from the 18-135mm at Walk around but yes at 85mm the 17-85 can get you a better resolution.

If you look in for one lens vacation then the Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS almost reaches the 18-135 but again the Walk around resolution gets worst if compared to 18-135 and 17-85.

For Macro photography 50mm prime can be adapted to macro use with an extension ring or with something else.

For most of my friends its fine if 85mm reaches 17-85. And also few of them wants more reach in order to get the clear view of distance object, they personally roam around in the jungles to click on the wild animals. 17-85 is as it is fine for the professional to magnify the views. I normal edit my own images so I personally prefer choosing the lenses with better resolution.