Thread: Blurred Screen on Sony Cyber-shot DSC W230

Blurred Screen on Sony Cyber-shot DSC W230

I have bought a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC W230 Camera 6 months before the camera was really great and I have enjoyed photography with this camera as it has 12.1mp camera, 4x optical zoom and fast auto focus but in the last week I have accidently dropped my Sony W230 camera and when I try to turn it on unfortunately the screen won’t able to show a picture instead the whole screen get blurred with mostly pink and red color and it is not clear. if anyone having any ideas or solution to get out of it then please suggest me.

Re: Blurred Screen on Sony Cyber-shot DSC W230

If you are able to take the pictures with the camera even after you have dropped it then you just check when you take the pictures then it will gives you a usual sound of taking the picture and the screen picture you will not getting clear and stays blurred with pink and red colors as you said then I think your LCD may be broken and definitely your problem is related with the LCD.

I having the similar Sony W230 camera and facing the similar issue my LCD flickers for some time and then works fine by itself and also sometimes it loses focus when I press the click button to shoot and at the same time the shutter sound makes such a bad sound like motor sound and I t is very irritating for me. The only difference is I am getting all this issue without dropping my camera I don’t know why this is happening.

I suggest you just try to take the pictures with your camera and transferred the image file to your computer if the pictures on the computer is all right then you have the LCD problem and the rest of camera is fine. But if you are getting the Blurred image with pink and red colors on your computer then probably your camera’s sensor is damaged.

The pictures that you have taken after you have dropped the camera and comes out ok without Blurring on your laptop or computer and you are unable to see the same picture on your camera screen so it is definitely the screen problem and I think you should get a new Screen for your camera to get out of the issue.

if the screen of your camera Is broken then you can replace it at home by doing some disassembly and re-assembly and this will save you a lot of money and also save you from buying another camera just find a LCD screen from e-bay, Amazon or from some other services just repair it by yourself.

I think you should not repair or fix the LCD screen of your camera by yourself because it is very risky instead you should just buy the Screen and then take it to some technician to install for you or otherwise I would like to recommend you to try to replace the screen from Sony.

I have bought a new Screen for my Sony W230 camera and with the new screen I also received the screw driver , some open tool and the manual to install the screen and I am well sure how to use this tool to install the screen. And in the last day I have finished with the installation of the screen and now the screen is working fine and the camera is also ok and seems to be working fine without any issue.