Thread: Battery life suddenly decreases on Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX5

Battery life suddenly decreases on Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX5

I have bought Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX5 digital camera when I t is released just 3 months ago the camera till now is working great without having any issue but recently the battery life goes down very fast including both the rechargeable and regular battery. The suddenly decrease in the battery life is really noticeable for me I don’t know I am the only one facing this problem or anyone else having the same issue and if anyone knows what is the reason for this or how to solve it then please recommend me.

Re: Battery life suddenly decreases on Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX5

This is so strange that you are getting the battery life reduction problem in Sony HX5 even it is just 3 months old. I think you have change some setting on the camera that using the battery very fast as compare to your previous usage so you just make sure of some settings like you have change the LCD brightness setting so just try to reduce it and also check that you are not started using the flash more compare to past times.

I had also face the battery drainage problem with Sony HX5 camera and I am able to solve this issue on my camera previously I am using the Duracell 1500mah battery which is the actual reason for my battery drainage so I have replace the battery with brand new 2500mah rechargeable batteries and now I am very happy with the battery life as now I am simply able to take about 100 photos with the camera which is really much more as compare to previous battery. I think you just try with 2500mah rechargeable battery and see whether you will be able to solve the issue or not.

I am also have the similar Sony HX5 camera and never face such battery reduction problem with it but I want to inform you one thing that the battery life of Sony HX5 is pretty short as compare to our other cameras but nothing like that you are describing. I think you just check the GPS is turned off or not if the GPS is turn on then it will drain the battery very fast so you just turn off the GPS in the menu.

If you have tried with adjusting all the setting and also with the other battery and still the same problem persist then may be your camera has some software bugs so just try to update the camera with the latest firmware you will definitely get out of the issue.