Thread: Samsung Captivate Glide fails to receive IMAP emails

Samsung Captivate Glide fails to receive IMAP emails

I have I have Samsung Captivate Glide, and I am very happy with the features that are present in this mobile phone. This is the good phone I have seen, but however recently I am facing one issue with incoming emails. That I mean to say that Samsung Captivate Glide fails to receive IMAP emails. So I am confused why this issue is there in this mobile phone this was working before two days but however now it fails to receive any IMAP emails. I have tried many things to overcome this issue but however I can’t, so if you guys have any information then please let me know. Any reply will be thanks and appreciated.

Re: Samsung Captivate Glide fails to receive IMAP emails

May be this issue is with this reason, may be you have switch to some other operator services and because of that reason you can’t able to receive IMAP emails. Or there may be chances that your plan is expired for using such services. And this also matter on which site you have created your email account.

There may be some of the changes have been by mistake happen in your setting which may be responsible for the failure to receive IMAP emails. Sp try to make use of ted same setting on different devices such as laptop or any other mobile phone and verify whether you are facing same issue in those devices also if yes then it means that there are some setting issue. And there is alternate suggestion to overcome such situation is to remove and reinstall the Account in your mobile phone, may be removing and reinstalling the accounts will works to overcome this situation.

Try to verify whether you are able to send out emails fine, or not? If not then might the setting changes on the server side itself. So better is to contact to service provider for this issue. May be they will reset the setting to solve this issue.

This kind of issue is also depends on which email client you are using, is this any third party app or you are using the built in email client. And also may be there are some network issue is there and that is why your networks are not properly working with your System. Or you can also try to make changes there in your account to change the security setting in the email client and also the port that you are using. Or you can also try the different mail client, there are several mail client available chose one as per your need and then create your account over there on another email client.

According to my suggestion you can also make use of another mail application, he one I want to suggest you is for using k9 mail app which is available on Android Market, I am using this and I have seen that it is super quick, may be the GUI is not that much of good but however it works fine. And also you can try to make use of pop3, this also help you out to overcome this issue.

Try to make use of Exchange server instead, because it’s work fine. Or however you can reinstall or upgrade your mail exchange application that you are using. Upgrading app is also one of the best suggestions to overcome this issue.