Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Has anybody tried the Captivate ROM for Cyanogenmod on the Samsung Captivate Glide?

Portable Devices

Old 29-01-2012

Has anybody tried the Captivate ROM for Cyanogenmod on the Samsung Captivate Glide?

I have been checking out the rooting process for the phone but did not have much knowledge on the modding stuff. I know the phone can be easily rooted but what about using the captivate rom for Cyanogenmod on this phone? What do you all think about this idea guys? Do you have any idea about the same then do let me know about it. I know the hardware conflicts would be there but still want to know as if what can be the result, can you all please tell me. I am waiting for the solutions from you all.

Old 29-01-2012

Re: Has anybody tried the Captivate ROM for Cyanogenmod on the Samsung Captivate Glide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@ndy View Post
I have been checking out the rooting process for the phone but did not have much knowledge on the modding stuff. I know the phone can be easily rooted but what about using the captivate rom for Cyanogenmod on this phone? What do you all think about this idea guys? Do you have any idea about the same then do let me know about it. I know the hardware conflicts would be there but still want to know as if what can be the result, can you all please tell me. I am waiting for the solutions from you all.
Yes you are very correct about it. Although I must admit that I donít have much knowledge about the cynagenmod. I can say that it wont work without any modifications. Since the hardware of the original captivate is quite different to the glide one. Thatís why it would require some changes thatís for sure.
Old 29-01-2012

Re: Has anybody tried the Captivate ROM for Cyanogenmod on the Samsung Captivate Glide?

First and the foremost it will require CWM to work on the phone then only we can think of adding Cyanogenmod in the phone thatís what I am saying here. So hope you did understand what I am saying here. so first of all find whether CWM will work or not with this phone. Then only you can think of some other mods.
Old 29-01-2012

Guys I just got a news from ATT people saying that they will be sending an ICS update to Captivate Glide phones. So now I donít think so we will be requiring this mods at all for the phones. After hearing this news I was pretty much excited to keep this phone for a longer duration. I will not change it now.
Old 29-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalap View Post
Guys I just got a news from ATT people saying that they will be sending an ICS update to Captivate Glide phones. So now I donít think so we will be requiring this mods at all for the phones. After hearing this news I was pretty much excited to keep this phone for a longer duration. I will not change it now.
No not so early dude since the original Captivate never got a official gingerbread release from AT&T as promised to them so I donít think so this phone will be getting an ICS update at all, thatís what I know. Since aTT people are very slow in releasing updates and hence I donít think that this phone will be getting an ICS update, thatís what I know.
Old 29-01-2012

Actually I was looking for the LITE version of the current rom so that I would be able to install all my apps that I want in my phone. Frankly speaking I wont wait for the update to come up. Because I donít have confidence on ATT people as if they will be sending me the update. So any idea how to get that?

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , ,